Thread: Spyware, Infections

Default Spyware, Infections

This is my first time not only using, but, hearing of Spybot; not really sure how this works or how to make it work successfully for me. A friend gave me this website because i was getting ready to take my pc to a computer repair person to be cleaned and she said to try this, with no more insight or clarity on what you do or what you are about. My computer is terribly infected and a System Alert pops up constantly saying that a number of active spyware applications have been detected on my computer. MY computer's performance is extremely slow and the kinds of things that pop-up on the screen are unbelievable. By the way this is the computer that I work on at my church. Anyway I guess I need help with how to begin using Spybot S & D and how can i use your services to help me get rid of these viruses, infections & spyware etc. on my computer.

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Shelia Draper View Post
    Anyway I guess I need help with how to begin using Spybot S & D and how can i use your services to help me get rid of these viruses, infections & spyware etc. on my computer.
    Tutorial

By your description it sounds like the computer is quite infected, was an anti virus program installed and what Operating System is this?

It might be best if someone took a look at the system to make an analysis.

Please follow the procedure in this link to produce a HiJackThis log:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a helper will advise you when available.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016