Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox problem (newbie)

Smile

i installed and reinstalled with and without the 1.5.2 update(now i'm using the 1.5.2 update). to be honest, i'm not sure if i immunized firefox in the 1.4 version, but i do have it immunized now. i'm looking at a lot of the reports in the 1.4 version, and it has all tracking cookies in the reports.

i've been trying to look to see if i have just tracking cookies in my ad-aware reports, but i can't find the reports. the next time i run ad-aware i'll see what it finds, but it usually finds the same 3 critical objects and 14 negligible objects.

i see what you're saying and it makes sense. i never noticed that spybot always picks up tracking cookies, but its never picked up trojan horses or other serious threats like that. i think spybot now is just preventing the cookies from coming with the firefox immunization, and before the cookies would always come up because i didn't have it immunized in the 1.4 version.

thanks for your help zenobia.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

revolt:

Quote Originally Posted by revolt View Post
    ... to be honest, i'm not sure if i immunized firefox in the 1.4 version, but i do have it immunized now. ...
    The immunization for firefox is new with Spybot 1.5. Spybot 1.4 did not have firefox immunization.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

If you are using Adawate 2007(I think I have the latest,but I'm not 100% sure),I believe you should be able to review a logfile by clicking Status on the right,and then clicking Log Files.
    Also,if I click Statistics,then the Detailed Statistics tab,it shows some details on what I removed,and the date that I removed them.