Thread: Immunize and Panda Internet Security

Question Immunize and Panda Internet Security

I updated to the 1.5.2.20 version, but when I try to immunize, Panda Internet Security 2008 blocks spybotsd.exe because is trying to modify file host.

What I can do ?

Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

zakka:

It appears that you may have overcome the installation problem with Spybot 1.5.2.20 that you indicated you were having in the following thread:

Perhaps you would like to share in that thread how you were able to overcome the problem so that others who may experience a similar can benefit from your experience.

I regard to your current problem:

It sounds like Panda Internet Security 2008 is blocking any attempts to modify the HOSTS file regardless if those modifications are in an attempt to block malware sites. That is really a problem that should be taken up and resolved with Panda.

If the previous attempt to modify the HOSTS file is still causing a problem, try the following:
    • Go into Spybot > Immunize.
    • Right click on the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the right hand pane and under Windows check "Global (Hosts)".
    • Click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane.

If the only problem is when you use Spybot's Immunize facility, eliminate Spybot's immunization of the HOSTS file as follows:
    • Go into Spybot > Immunize.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the right hand pane until you see that category "Windows" and the item under it "Global (Hosts)".
    • Uncheck "Global (Hosts)" so that no attempts are made to add HOSTS file entries while immunizing.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks...

Thank you for your answer... [...and I beg your pardon for my no good english... ]
    I resolve the Panda problem using your second advice, ...

unfortunately I still haven't solve the W98 problem (it's my 17th daughter PC ).
    She uninstalled Spybot, and tried again to install it, but the problem is still present.
    If she install the 1.4 version again, can she update Spybot but no upgraded to 1.5 version?

Thanks