Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocked Taskbar applications. Please help.

Exclamation Blocked Taskbar applications. Please help.

I previously posted this as lost toolbar applications - I meant lost "Taskbar" applications. Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I recently installed the previous version of SB, and very unfortunately in a rush, I unintentially blocked nearly all of my exe applications. Now many useful applications no longer work (such as battery monitor, wireless indicator, network connection indicator, sound icon, etc.,) and others that I'm probably not aware of yet.

I uninstalled SB (I realize that "I" am the real problem not SB) and have tried to turn these applications back on in the taskbar properties settings but they will not work. I also tried to restore before the install and that did not help. Originally all ".exe" applications were not recognized with a file association and the laptop had serious problems. Someone helped be get my laptop working again with registry editor but many of these "lesser" applications still don't work.

How can I "unblock" these applications? If SB can block these can SB be used to undo or correct these changes? Unfortunately in the rushed install and shutdown I did not have the registry backup that SB makes (which would have resolved this issue).

The laptop is running XP Pro, v2.

Thanks for the help. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tjm999 View Post
    I previously posted this as lost toolbar applications - I meant lost "Taskbar" applications. Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I recently installed the previous version of SB, and very unfortunately in a rush, I unintentially blocked nearly all of my exe applications. Now many useful applications no longer work (such as battery monitor, wireless indicator, network connection indicator, sound icon, etc.,) and others that I'm probably not aware of yet.

I uninstalled SB (I realize that "I" am the real problem not SB) and have tried to turn these applications back on in the taskbar properties settings but they will not work. I also tried to restore before the install and that did not help. Originally all ".exe" applications were not recognized with a file association and the laptop had serious problems. Someone helped be get my laptop working again with registry editor but many of these "lesser" applications still don't work.

How can I "unblock" these applications? If SB can block these can SB be used to undo or correct these changes? Unfortunately in the rushed install and shutdown I did not have the registry backup that SB makes (which would have resolved this issue).

The laptop is running XP Pro, v2.

Thanks for the help. Tom
    same issue, my sound/audio went out also upon install, did you get sound working?

hi,

I think you are talking about spybot's teatimer.

Try disabling teatimer - then re-enabling it, here's how:

To disable teatimer: Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident. Under the heading "Resident protection status" uncheck the following:

- Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

------------------------

To reactivate it: Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident. Under the heading "Resident protection status" check the following:
    Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

I think that should in effect 'reset' teatimer

hope that helps

honda

Default Almost there

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at Resident and it shows the applications that I blocked. Unfortunately checking the setting (closed and rebooted) and rechecking the Resident setting did not reset the TeaTimer blocks. I'll see what I can find in the program help but if you have additions ideas I appreciate your help.

Thank you. tjm

When blocking the applications,do you remember if you clicked 'Remember this decision'?

You could post your resident.log if you like.It might show what was going on a little better.Just go to the Resident section in Spybot,then rightclick in the window to the right and select Select All,then rightclick again and select Copy,then Paste it here.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2008-03-05 at 03:54.

Default Resident blocking

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    When blocking the applications,do you remember if you clicked 'Remember this decision'?

You could post your resident.log if you like.It might show what was going on a little better.Just go to the Resident section in Spybot,then rightclick in the window to the right and select Select All,then rightclick again and select Copy,then Paste it here.
    -----------------
    Thanks. I don't recall but I assume I clicked remember this decision. Here's the resident list:

12/27/2007 3:20:52 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "NvCplDaemon" (new data: "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:21:31 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "nwiz" (new data: "nwiz.exe /install") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:21:49 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "BluetoothAuthenticationAgent" (new data: "rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:22:14 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "RTHDCPL" (new data: "RTHDCPL.EXE") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:22:21 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "Alcmtr" (new data: "ALCMTR.EXE") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:22:34 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "AGRSMMSG" (new data: "AGRSMMSG.exe") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:22:41 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "AveoKeySti" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\\AVEO\AVEO_UVC_FILTER_DRIVER_KIT\AveoSTI.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:23:34 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "MGSysCtrl" (new data: "C:\Program Files\System Control Manager\MGSysCtrl.exe") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:23:47 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "NeroFilterCheck" (new data: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:04 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "RemoteControl" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:17 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "LanguageShortcut" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:26 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "IntelZeroConfig" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:41 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "IntelWireless" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:45 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "DiskeeperSystray" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkIcon.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:48 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:51 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "SunJavaUpdateSched" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:53 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "QuickTime Task" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:24:57 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "ccApp" (new data: ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:25:03 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "vptray" (new data: "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:25:07 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "PinnacleDriverCheck" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\\PSDrvCheck.exe") added in System Startup global entry!
    12/27/2007 3:25:11 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" (new data: "hex:00") added in Global browser toolbar!
    12/27/2007 3:25:13 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" %*") added in BAT Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:14 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" %*") added in COM Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:15 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" %*") added in EXE Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:15 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" %*") added in PIF Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:17 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" /S") added in SCR Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:19 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: "regedit.exe "%1"") added in REG Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:20 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" %*") added in CMD Extension handler!
    12/27/2007 3:25:21 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "PostBootReminder" (new data: "{7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9}") added in Shell services!
    12/27/2007 3:25:21 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "CDBurn" (new data: "{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}") added in Shell services!
    12/27/2007 3:25:22 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "WebCheck" (new data: "{E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}") added in Shell services!
    12/27/2007 3:25:30 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "SysTray" (new data: "{35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153}") added in Shell services!
    1/2/2008 3:11:02 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "" (new data: ""%1" %*") added in EXE Extension handler!
    1/2/2008 3:11:07 PM Allowed (based on user decision) value "" (new data: "regedit.exe "%1"") added in REG Extension handler!
    3/4/2008 9:00:05 PM Allowed (based on authenticode whitelist) value "SpybotSD TeaTimer" (new data: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe") added in System Startup user entry!

Default Now how to unblock the items shown in Resident

Now I can see what I blocked in Resident (above). However how can I unblock these items? These do not show up in the Black & White List. Only recent changes (today) show up in the list. I am logged on with admin rights.

Thanks. tjm

Wow.Looks like December 27th was a really bad day.
    Teatimer should not automatically stop the applications that are normally in your taskbar from being added to startup if they are not in your black & white list.
    Which applications have you been trying to get back into your taskbar?

Yeah that was instalation day. I'm trying to get back everything I blocked on that list (all that were denyed).

Ideas? Thanks. tjm

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Wow.Looks like December 27th was a really bad day.
    Teatimer should not automatically stop the applications that are normally in your taskbar from being added to startup if they are not in your black & white list.
    Which applications have you been trying to get back into your taskbar?

The apps you denied running on startup,they will run if you manually run them by doubleclicking them?

About the only thing I can suggest,is to go to the programs you denied running on startup,open them,and look in the programs options and/or settings for the option to run them on startup,then Allow that change with Teatimer.What those programs are may be difficult for you to track down from your teatimer log,and unfortunately I don't have a lot of the programs you denied,so I'm not familiar with them.
    Looking up the exe's may help to discover what program some are associated with,and make a startup entry,if that is possible.For example:
    12/27/2007 3:22:14 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "RTHDCPL" (new data: "RTHDCPL.EXE") added in System Startup global entry!
    http://www.castlecops.com/s11944-RTHDCPL.html
    That shows that's associated with Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager,so you could look in Realtek to see if there is an option to run Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager on startup.

And just to be sure we are on the same page,since I missed something in your post earlier.
    I uninstalled SB (I realize that "I" am the real problem not SB) and have tried to turn these applications back on in the taskbar properties settings but they will not work.
    Is it that the apps you denied running on startup do not run on startup,and therefore don't appear in the notification area(system tray)?
    Or do the apps run on startup,but they will not appear in the notification area(system tray)?That can happen sometimes.

Could you post your startup log from Spybot?Open Spybot,go to Advanced Mode,click tools,then System Startup.Click Export,then you could choose to Save the startup log to somewhere like your desktop,then copy and paste it here.