Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blocked Taskbar applications. Please help.

None of the startup entries are there.Looks like we're spinning our wheels a little.
    I have XP Home and Vista,so I'm not too familiar with the Power Users group at all.I do see from this page they are allowed to install and modify programs:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_groups.htm
    I'd think creating start-up keys in HKey_Current_User would be allowed,too,but I can't say that with all certainty.

Is there an Admin that could possibly help you set things right,if you ask them for help?

Did you get any prompts from Teatimer when inserting the startup entries?

Arrow power users....you prob already knew this Zenobia...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    None of the startup entries are there.Looks like we're spinning our wheels a little.
    I have XP Home and Vista,so I'm not too familiar with the Power Users group at all.I do see from this page they are allowed to install and modify programs:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_groups.htm
    I'd think creating start-up keys in HKey_Current_User would be allowed,too,but I can't say that with all certainty.

Is there an Admin that could possibly help you set things right,if you ask them for help?

Did you get any prompts from Teatimer when inserting the startup entries?
    anywaz, they are like a admin account, except they can only install a limited amount of programs. (sort of like win xp limited account users, except more rights with services and modify rights with files.) They are allowed to backup/restore files and settings. They are allowed access as much as the admin will grant them. Its like a custom profile that the admin can select what they can and can't do. idk if that helps u at all or if u already knew that zenobia. I would talk to the admin of your network tjm999. and find out what permissions you have.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-03-11 at 18:01.

Default fixed - Thanks!

Hi Zenobia,

I want to let you know that this is fixed. Thank you so much for your help. I did the startup changes as Admin. However, the command "systray.exe" controlled most of the system tray icons. I added in a startup up command in SB using the method you gave me above under my user account. Now all my tray icons and monitor items run. Setting it under the Admin account, for all users, did not do it for my user account.

One minor problem though - I set a startup command for a minor application (Aveo) wrong in my user account. I can't delete it from the user account and it does not show up in the Admin account. Minor issue though.

Thanks again. tjm

Hi. I was just looking at this thread the other day,and wondering how things were going.I'm glad you got it all fixed up,(except for the minor problem with aveo.)