Thread: HELP-Downloaded Spybot 1.5.2 & Having Major Problems!

Exclamation HELP-Downloaded Spybot 1.5.2 & Having Major Problems!

Hello! I was previously running the Spybot that was available before the 1.5.2 upgrade. I didn't have any problems with the older version. Since this upgrade my computer tower is "running" like crazy. I talked to my computer support staff at work and he suggested that I stop other processes not related to Spybot. I did so and had also uninstalled Spybot. Things were running better today so I decided to re-install Spybot 1.5.2. After the install and run for the first time my computer is super slow again. The tower continues to "run" as if it were scanning. (It makes the noise like it makes when it is running a McAfee scan). Does anyone have any other suggestions? My computer was running what seemed to be before this upgrade. I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions. Thanks!

Default Spybot 1.5.2 Problems!

Hello! I was previously running the Spybot that was available before the 1.5.2 upgrade. I didn't have any problems with the older version. Since this upgrade my computer tower is "running" like crazy. I talked to my computer support staff at work and he suggested that I stop other processes not related to Spybot. I did so and had also uninstalled Spybot. Things were running better today so I decided to re-install Spybot 1.5.2. After the install and run for the first time my computer is super slow again. The tower continues to "run" as if it were scanning. (It makes the noise like it makes when it is running a McAfee scan). Does anyone have any other suggestions? My computer was running what seemed to be before this upgrade. I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions. Thanks!

Could someone please post a suggestion? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff12 View Post

Could someone please post a suggestion? Thanks!
    Hello Tiff12

I am not a informatician, but I had the same problem that you are having with you pc, it was running like crazy but it was not related with spybot. My pc was running like crazy during several minutes and stoped and started again and so on..... A friend of mine who is informatician fixed it, it was related with the restauration system that was activated on all the drives that were not C: (supposing that drive C: is the drive were you have you SO installed) If you have more drives, try to desactivate the restauration (if you do not have your hard drive partitionned, I mean if you only have drive C: on your pc, then do not do that) but if you have more drives try it and see if you fix the problem. Do this: go to Control Panel and then System, open "restore system" and then you will see the list of the different drives you have on your pc. Highligh a drive that is not C: (or your root drive) and go to configuration and mark the box that says "disable restor system on that drive" (or something like that, my SO is in spanish so I try to translate it, I am not sure how it is in english, but it must be something like that). Do this for all the drives you have except the C: and restart your pc......maybe it will work. Remenber, do not do that on a drive where you have an SO installed because you disable the restauration on that drive and if you need it one day you will be in trouble.........Hope it helps