Thread: How to get auto update to work ??

Default How to get auto update to work ??

Hi,

I'm pretty sure someone would have asked this and might be answered before but I just found this forum layout too complicated and couldn't find a past thread on the subject..

Q: Spybot 1.5, I tried checking the proxy tab and selected use IE7 proxy settings for auto update, now my pc doesn't use any proxy setting and I get no auto updates... how do I get this feature to work pls??

Spybot 1.4 was easy and fast .... whats slowing down 1.5?? it even takes ages to load up ( at program start)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

To set up access to Spybot's integrated update facility through a proxy server:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
    • About 2/3 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Web update". Under "Web update" check the last item in the list, "Use proxy to connect to update server".
    • A pop-up will come up were you can enter the information required.

re: Slow start: What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot > Help > About)?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

thanks but that didn't answer my question .... your suggestions are exactly what I have been doing anyway... and I have clearly mentioned I use the latest version of Spybot 1.5 and not the Beta version.