Thread: Secure Shredder MT disk space

Default Secure Shredder MT disk space

Can I use secure shredder to clean the empty disk on my HDD? If I can how do I go about it?

Cheers

Rod

No, the shredder is just for existing files; for cleaning the empty space, we recommend Eraser. In Eraser, it's simple:
    • Menu File
    • Item New Task
    • Option Unused space on drive
    • Button OK
    • Run All
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Thanks

Cheers PepiMK

I'll give it a try.

Rod

Banned Spammer

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Can I use secure shredder to clean the empty disk on my HDD? If I can how do I go about it?

Cheers

Rod
    Additionally, you can try this free [Removed] Hope it'll help...
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-03-19 at 00:00. Reason: Re-edit. from disabled to removed link

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Michael84:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael84 View Post
    Additionally, you can try this free [Removed]Hope it'll help...
    Is your post just an Advertisement? What am I missing?

The URL that you referenced says "Free download now! (1.4 Mb)" yet the "Purchase" link on the left hand side of the page states:

Personal license - Personal license entitles you to use the program on one computer only. This type of license is not suitable for a company. - $27.90

Two Computers license - Two computers license entitles you to use the program on two computers (for example: at work and at home). This type of license is not suitable for a company. - $49.90

Business license - Business license entitles you to use the program on 5 computers. - $131.90

Site license - Site license gives you the right to use the program on any number of computers within one company or organization. - $299.90
    Is the product "free" as you stated or does it cost between $27.90 and $299.90?
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-03-18 at 23:58. Reason: Removed links

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I agree, I get irritated with companies that do our product is free, then you find out that it is free to download and run, but you have to pay to get it to do what it is supposed to do, to me that is deceptive advertising.

Thank you here at Spybot for doing as advertised and all the help in getting other programs from your suggestions as well, the way you guys do business is why I use you and donate to your cause, because you do understand what is going on, on the net and help us fight the never ending battle of spyware and malware.

Default BEWARE of Eraser

For the benefit of those who may read this post and take the advice to use eraser. That was good advice back then. However all of the 6.x versions of eraser have a lot of problems. The author rewrote the code and used new development tools and it has been buggy ever since. Some recommend version 5.7 others version 5.88.

There is a forum available for eraser at the site mentioned. I strongly recommend reading the posts there and the authors post understanding eraser 6. Before deciding if you want the program and if so what version.

Also shredding files is only a minimal protection. It will probably work to keep your family members from just undeleting your stuff but does not protect against a minimally skilled attacker who can in many cases can still restore the file.