Thread: Spybot Acting Strangely

Default Spybot Acting Strangely

When I run Spybot it will go from "(4000/114457: ...)" to "(20000/114457: AdGoblin)" in less than a second. I'm not sure if it's skipping the 16,000 inbetween 4,000 and 20,000 but it sure seems like it.

The program hasn't found any 'problems' in awhile so that's making me wonder.

I've tried installing the newest version and updating from there but with no success in resolving this issue.

Is this somehow malware related or a bug maybe?

Lightbulb that is interesting....

but i do not believe there is anything wrong. If you want to make sure your system is clean however, restart your computer and boot into safe mode by hitting f8 on the keyboard when windows is about to load, and then select safe mode, and run all your scans. remove anything found, and restart. your system should load the normal mode after restarting.

Since loading version 1.5.2.20 and activating the full time checking, I have had absolutely no malware to be found on my PC. I used to have severa sorts of malware showing up on the daily scans--tracking cookies, browser hijackers, adware, etc. I have checked this with another program so I am sure that any malware is being removed as it tries to come in. The program works perfectly and is easy to set up and use. A secondary plus factor for my use is that it works fine on all versions from Windows 95 thru XP Pro. Since I do not have Vista I have not tested it on that OS.

It's been a month and I still haven't had a single problem detected. Normal?

Hello,

In older versions there might be more found in a scan than in the newest version.
    That refers to the cookies.
    Doubleclick and others like Advertising.com, Avenue A, Inc, CasaleMedia, Fastclick, Hitbox, Mediaplex etc. are so called tracking cookies. We have improved the detection for this cookies and rated some as not bad. So this is ok, nothing to worry. ;-)

But to make sure you can run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

If still nothing is found you have probably activated the resident protection of Spybot - Search & Destroy that is blocking the baddies from getting into your system.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I hate to bring the dead back but, I got one of those exclamation messages that said "Free Win Xp Virus Scan" then closed my browser window. Some programs have been acting alittle goofy lately, also.

Yet, Spybot shows no results.

@psyleid. A pop-up or an icon on your taskbar? If so, I think you have caught a baddie. Maybe not if it is a pop-up. Can you clarify what is that "message"? Is it on the taskbar? Pop-up? And can you describe how the programs are acting goofy. And in addition, give a few examples of the programs. Thanks.

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyleid View Post
    I hate to bring the dead back but, I got one of those exclamation messages that said "Free Win Xp Virus Scan" then closed my browser window. Some programs have been acting alittle goofy lately, also.

Yet, Spybot shows no results.
    If Spybot-S&D does not detect or remove an item and you can find the files, please zip or rar them and send to: detections@spybot.info

Either way, someone should take a look at the system, please follow the procedure in this link:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a helper will advise you when available.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016