Thread: 1.5.2 Immunization really slow - is this normal?

Default 1.5.2 Immunization really slow - is this normal?

I've upgraded to 1.5.2 from 1.4, and now immunization runs at least 100 times slower. It now takes several minutes to complete immunization - about as long as a full scan. Is this normal? I have McAfee Security Center Version 7.2 (Comcast's provided package). Most of the time is spent on the IE7 immunizations.

The good news is, it ultimately completes successfully.

Grossrider
    (first ever post)

Lightbulb when u say slow....

do you mean like 10 minutes? Mine takes about 1 minute to complete. Thats due to the fact that I have firefox, and Internet explorer. If you have firefox, opera, and Internet explorer, that would be alot to immunize, and that might be a possible reason for the slowness. but like i said, define "slow".
    If it seems that it is taking way to long, make sure all your Internet browsers are closed and then try again. If all else fails, uninstall and then reinstall the program. But again, define slow. haha.

Default ... I mean SLOW.

Quote:
    do you mean like 10 minutes? Mine takes about 1 minute to complete. Thats due to the fact that I have firefox, and Internet explorer. If you have firefox, opera, and Internet explorer, that would be alot to immunize, and that might be a possible reason for the slowness. but like i said, define "slow".
    End Quote

I would say at LEAST 10 minutes. I have IE7 and Firefox. It takes probably a minute or more to update each entry for the browsers.

Is anyone else using McAfee SecurityCenter? I still suspect there is some interaction between the two. It is slow on two machines with XP and one with Vista Home. The Vista machine is a Core Dual 2GHz with 2 gig RAM, so I don't think it's a resource issue.

At this point, I guess I will start immunizing less often, since it's so painful.

Lightbulb you could...

try disabling Mcafee and see if that speeds up the immunization. If it does, just disable it temporarily while u immunize. Also try going into my computer, right click your c drive and go to disk cleanup. check temporary Internet files and download program files. click ok and this will clean up your system of your Internet cache. also go into control panel, internet options-and delete ALL browsing history. then try to immunize. Go into firefox and clean all private data. If that doesn't work, try this: go into spybot. mode-advanced mode. click yes. go to settings tab on the left side. click settings. scroll down and under program start, check a box next to the words immunize when spybot starts. then when you open spybot, it will immunize without your interaction. hope that helps, let me know.