Thread: ActiveX Distribution Unit // SunJavaUpdateSched // Ntoskrnl

Default ActiveX Distribution Unit // SunJavaUpdateSched // Ntoskrnl

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...ddity/0001.jpg

I keep getting the above pop-up errors on Spybot CONSTANTLY. It does NOT sound good so I push DENY. Then the other one pops up. Directly one after the other. D:

I can't figure out what is going on. DX

I ran AVG... and ALL it comes up with is that the NTOSKRNL has been changed. I'm not sure what that means... (but I DO know that this item being changed has ALWAYS led to the VERY worst of my computer crashes. DX)

So... What should I do? O.O;;

Esteemed Member

If you updated java (as the messages suggest) just allow.

But one of them is talking about ActiveX. D:

And... The NTOSKRNL.exe file... that worries me... D:

Also, my computer has been messing up a lot recently since this started happening. It's been slower, freezing up, etc. I only bought it in August so it shouldn't be happening unless there is a virus messing with it. DX

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

LillithTheOddity:

Quote Originally Posted by LillithTheOddity View Post
    But one of them is talking about ActiveX. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenfeld View Post
    If you updated java (as the messages suggest) just allow.

Before I install any Sun Microsystems' Java updates, I uninstall the previous version.

New updates do not replace older versions. They leave the old versions in place which may leave you vulnerable to the exploits that the new version is intended to prevent.

The first TeaTimer dialog that you depicted is changing the startup entry for jusched.exe from:
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03

To:
    • C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05

This is so that the SunJavaUpdateSched startup entry points to the new program library rather than the old one that you did not uninstall (it looks like you may not have installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 4 because the registry entry is going from jre1.6.0_03 to jre1.6.0_05 rather than jre1.6.0_04 to jre1.6.0_05).

The second TeaTimer dialog that you depicted is adding a new ActiveX Control. There are generally as least three ActiveX Controls installed with each JRE release. One or more of which have new CLSIDs. CLSID ={CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBA} is the name of if a new ActiveX Control added with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5. CLSID ={CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} would have been the name of the old ActiveX Control added with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3 that performed the same function.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-03-09 at 00:46.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.