Thread: Version 1.5.2.20 included in Updates - questions

Default Version 1.5.2.20 included in Updates - questions

I still have Spybot 1.4 installed on my XPHomesp2 computer. I just searched for updates and received the installation file for Spybot 1.5.2.20. I have some questions please:

Since this installation came with my version 1.4 installed, is it allright to install it "over the top"? And by doing so, will it keep my settings of items to ignore (like automatic Windows Updates turned off)?

Also I think some features may be automatically turned on. Are any of these turned on by default: teatimer, immunize and spybot host file?

Another question, since I just ran the 3-5-08 updates, is it necessary to update this new version. If so, where do you find the updater.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=Libra;171887]I still have Spybot 1.4 installed on my XPHomesp2 computer. I just searched for updates and received the installation file for Spybot 1.5.2.20. I have some questions please:

Q: Since this installation came with my version 1.4 installed, is it allright to install it "over the top"? And by doing so, will it keep my settings of items to ignore (like automatic Windows Updates turned off)?
    A: Yes, you should be fine. However, i recommend completely uninstalling spybot and then download the latest version and install it. It helps avoid any issues you might encounter if you just installed it over top of the other one.

Q: Also I think some features may be automatically turned on. Are any of these turned on by default: teatimer, immunize and spybot host file?
    A: teatimer is only activated if checkmarked by you specifically during installation. immunize and protection of host files by spybot is automatically turned on and cannot be disabled.

Q: Another question, since I just ran the 3-5-08 updates, is it necessary to update this new version. If so, where do you find the updater.
    A: open spybot, click check for updates. 3rd button on the home page of the program. checkmark everything in the list and click download.

Thank you. (your welcome
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-03-11 at 17:52.