Thread: quick time task and spybot

Unhappy quick time task and spybot

Hi!!!
    I have a prob....
    I installed last version of itunes with quick time 7.6.
    My computer has windows xp sp2.
    I allowed the registry changes with spybot but now every time I start to use the pc a window appears on the desktop and said "Resident allowed change of Quick time task (category System Startup global entry) based on your white list"

Why does it happen? Can i solve this situation uninstalling spybot and installing it again?

help me please!!!

thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vava@ View Post
    I allowed the registry changes with spybot but now every time I start to use the pc a window appears on the desktop and said "Resident allowed change of Quick time task (category System Startup global entry) based on your white list"

The Teatimer function of Spybot S&D is letting you know than a registry change has occurred and that it is one you have previously allowed and ticked the "Remember this decision" box. This is a normal event.

If you right click on the Teatimer icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, then left click on Settings you will find the Registry change you have allowed (on an ongoing basis) under the Allowed registry changes. If you want to change your mind now you will see a X at the right of the item. Left click on it and it will ask you to confirm removal of the entry

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-03-12 at 06:02.

... i'm not so good with pc and with english too....
    are u speaking about spybot icon? Just There i can read allowed changes and "quicktime task" .....
    And if I change my mind what does it happen? Is this function important for pc security?
    Thanks

Smile

Vava@

are u speaking about spybot icon? Yes

Just There i can read allowed changes and "quicktime task" .....Correct

And if I change my mind what does it happen?
    If you want to change your mind you will see a X at the right of the item. Left click on it and it will ask you to confirm removal of the entry. Next time the program changes the registry entry you will see the original warning dialogue appear.

If you don't want Teatimer to notify you of registry changes, you can disable it.
    Advanced mode/Tools/Resident - Untick Resident "Teatimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active

Is this function important for pc security?
    Teatime is a tool that can help prevent unauthorised changes to system settings. It is up to each individual to decide how important having this protection is to them. I personally believe it is well worthwhile.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all!!!
    Have a nice day/night!
    Vava