Thread: Realupgrade problem

Default Realupgrade problem

When start my computer S&D emit an announcement:
    Registry change denined
    Identified as: User blacklist
    Resident denied the change of RealUpgrade ( category System Startup user entry ) based on your black list
    and open a blank Internet Explorer window ( my default browser is FF )
    I open S&D and at System Startup appear 2 lines:
    Located: HK_CU:RunOnce, RealUpgrade
    command: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    file: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    size: 93184

Located: HK_CU:RunOnce, RealUpgrade (DISABLED)
    command: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    file: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    size: 93184
    If a try to erase these entry from registry ( use regedit ) appear again first S&D announcement and keys ereased reappear.
    Please answer: what is RealUpgrade and how drop this problem ?

No answer ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

aligaby:

Firstly, in responding to your query I am assuming that you are running Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20. If not the information I provided below may not apply in its entirety.

Please go into Spybot > Help > About and verify that you are running Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20 and if you not running that version, what version are you running?

Apparently when you got a TeaTimer dialog concerning a change for a startup entry in one of the HK_CU registry keys for RealUpgrade you did a "Deny Change" and checked the "Remember this decision" option.

When you check "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" changes to similar registry changes thereafter. To edit this information store in TeaTimer so that you can handle startup entries for RealUpgrade manually:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (Spybot-SD Resident) and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons.
    • The entries that you should review are in "Blocked registry changes".
    • You must remove the entry from "Blocked registry changes" associated with RealUpgrade so that the changes are no longer automatically denied. You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

After you done that, when you attempt to remove the RealUpgrade entry from the registry TeaTimer should issue a Dialog which you can respond to with "Allow change".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

In addition,
    Quote Originally Posted by aligaby View Post
    Please answer: what is RealUpgrade and how drop this problem ?

RealPlayer is a Media player, RealUpgrade is the program's updater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealPlayer

Please see: http://www.stopbadware.org/reports/r...player01282008
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thank you ! Problem resolved.
    First method from security and protection is updating. Yes, I have last version of S&D 1.5.2.20 and your solution resolved my problem.