Thread: RaySource

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Spammer

Hello there,

I was googling for Raysource that came across this forum and thought my experience with both the site and the program would be of any help to you

I am not Chinese but funnily enough like their dramas very badly because of which have to download files from fs2you.com using Raysource from time to time. Unfortunately I do not have Spybot installed and avast! (an AV and on-access scanner) and Windows built-in firewall are responsible for my Win security instead. Anyway, I have downloaded files from that site and nothing bad has yet happened (though I won't guarantee any thing nor do I recommend you risk anything). In my opinion, it's a sort of a P2P thing (client and network) working ONLY in IE as it both downloads and uploads at the same time (while it shouldn't do so as a file hosting service) and its speed changes from time to time, even reaching zero for a minute or so. OK, let me attach some screenshots to support this opinion:

The site, the progress bar, and raysource running :

(bad picture removed)

And this is the info shown while you move your mouse on the raysource accompanying task bar icon:

(bad picture removed)

And this is what you get if you open a fs2you link in firefox:

(bad picture removed)

I cannot be sure if the site is really harmful or not as neither my AV nor Google report it as being such a one and I myself hasn't faced any trouble using it (knock on wood!) yet but this doesn't guarantee it being absolutely clean as the way it handles and treats your downloads (like a BT client or emule) is rather strange

Anyway, these were all I have experienced using these and hope they are of any use to anybody

p.s. I usually uninstall raysource whenever I do not need to download from fs2you.com.
    Last edited by PepiMK; 2015-09-21 at 16:38.