Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't update 1.5.2.20

Happy 37, you might want to post your message in a separate thread. I've had one official response since I posted the original message last week.

Quote Originally Posted by misschief View Post
    After I manually downloaded and installed the definitions, it does run, but there are some problems. I only ran a couple of brief test scans but both times the scan stopped after a few minutes saying that the scan was aborted by the user (which was not true). I need to test this further.
    After further testing, it appears that the false Scan aborted by user error was due to a Net-Integration Forum bookmark in Opera. Since this appears to be unrelated to the problem with the Updater, I posted details in a separate thread. See the following link if you're interested:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=26074

So the initial problem remains: The Updater doesn't work. It renders the system so unstable after it's launched that I have to reboot. This did not happen with 1.5.1.18.

If anyone from Team Spybot is monitoring this thread, I'd appreciate any further suggestions since reinstalling did not help.

Lightbulb well u have a official responce there

After further testing, it appears that the false Scan aborted by user error was due to a Net-Integration Forum bookmark in Opera. Since this appears to be unrelated to the problem with the Updater, I posted details in a separate thread. See the following link if you're interested:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=26074

So the initial problem remains: The Updater doesn't work. It renders the system so unstable after it's launched that I have to reboot. This did not happen with 1.5.1.18.

If anyone from Team Spybot is monitoring this thread, I'd appreciate any further suggestions since reinstalling did not help.
    with the link u gave, i suggest u respond to it as soon as possible.

Done. Thanks for noticing.

Smile

misschief and others

Just popping back to let you all know that the updates problems that I was having are nothing to do with the program itself.

I asked my IT colleagues at work to test the 2 network patch cables that I use for my home network last week.

1 cable was good and the other 1 was not...hence I think that was what is or was causing this problem all along!!!...I have now installed a new network patch cable and now all is well!!!

The updates work fine on both PCs.

Thanks once again for your suggestions and help, it's much appreciated.

Regards

happy37

I don't think it's a firewall problem because SDUPDATE.EXE is allowed to connect to the Internet in Zone Alarm. I even tried turning off Zone Alarm and still can't update.
    After experiencing a similar problem, I checked the ZoneAlarm program logs and noted that 'spybotsd152.tmp' had been blocked.

Since there appears to be no mechanism for adding such temporary invocations to the ZoneAlarm list I reluctantly shutdown ZoneAlarm for the duration of the update.

Once installation of Spybot was complete ZoneAlarm was restarted with no untoward effects on SpyBot.

Toodles,
    Arty