Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Guardian666

First, if you haven't already tried this, clear out all of your caches, temporary files and cookies. Also if you haven't already done so, see if the scan will complete if it is done in safe mode.

As another suggestion, start SpybotSD, go to Tools/Resident and untick both resident SD Helper and Teatimer. Then go to Settings/File Sets and untick all of the boxes except the very top one. This should give you a very short quick scan. If it still hangs, the only thing I can suggest is to un-immunise all items, uninstall SpybotSD and then do a complete new install. Leave downloading the updates until the install is finished.

If it doesn't hang at the completion of the short scan, try reticking the boxes one by one until it hangs again. Perhaps this may provide a further clue as to what is happening.

Sorry I can't come up with a quick fix.
Quick fix isn't what I was looking for but I was hoping I wouldn't have to work so hard to get a software that was working fine until they decided to update it work again like it should.

To make this quick since I think I have wasted WAY too much time on this with no result to show for it, I have done everything you suggested and even did it inside a clean XP install VM with NOTHING else installed and still same disappointing result.

For now I don't have more time to waste, hopefully the developers will actually take the time and read through people's problem and do something or at least suggest something, the lack of any effort on their part to properly support their application is becoming very disappointing.

And before someone says its free what do you expect, providing a software for free is no excuse for not caring if it works or does what it needs to do. That's a very poor stance to take.