Thread: Accidentally denied registry access for Limewire

Default Accidentally denied registry access for Limewire

Hey all, I'm new to the forums, but I got a quick question that hopefully wasn't answered somewhere else.

Anyway, I downloaded a newer version of Limewire and when I had installed it I accidentally denied the registry change for the newer version. This happened some time ago and I'm just now getting around to it so I can't just restore.

I can still open up Limewire, but it doesn't allow it to connect to the internet. I'm guessing it just blocked the proxy for it?

Any help would be great. Thanks alot!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

RockChalk0001:

Actually the fact that can't connect to the internet using Limewire may be beneficial since file sharing is a source of many infections.

Joking aside: If you denied a registry entry with TeaTimer that is adversely affecting the performance of something you were installing or upgrading, without trying to analyze exactly what occurred, it is usually easier to just reinstall or attempt to upgrade again and allow the registry changes that were originally denied.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Haha, yeah I know that there's some bad stuff out there but I usually do some smart searching.

I'll give a reinstall another try though. Thanks a lot.