Thread: 3ivx anyone??

Default 3ivx anyone??

Hi everyone! Thanks for the great job. I use CCleaner for registry clean.It would detect 3ivx as an obsolete software key (HKCU/Software/3ivx).I would delete it.This has happened almost 5 times in a week! I hope this is not serious,but acts strange?This entry is not found in Hijackthis.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-04-02 at 08:34. Reason: Moved from New or undetected

Hello,

3ivx is a video codec created by 3ivx Technologies, based in Sydney, Australia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3ivx

The 30 day trial version of 3IVX is associated via Microsoft Windows operating systems to such media players as Quicktime and ITunes. Uninstalling 3IVX does not reset the 3IVX.dll file if the media players have been updated. Uninstalling and restoring the media players does not solve the problem as Windows still associates them to 3IVX.dll which is expired or been uninstalled. Therefore .mp4 files can not be played in Quicktime or ITunes where Windows is seeking the absent 3IVX.dll. Installing 3ivx MPEG-4 5.0 or greater will correct the issue (you can then uninstall if you wish).
    Did you try to remove the codec from the machine or is it still in use?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello,

Did you try to remove the codec from the machine or is it still in use?

Best regards.
    Hi,
    First of all against this thread a tag of moved is seen.Moved to where?

Secondly are the quote boxes from any previous replies?--showing other users having similar query?

I think the codec is not there,could have been uninstalled..I don't remember both the installation and uninstallation.These days I use MPUI and VLC.Having said this the crux is how it(the registry entry) manages to show itself up despite deleting the registry key thru Ccleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by nagan View Post
    Hi,
    First of all against this thread a tag of moved is seen.Moved to where?

Secondly are the quote boxes from any previous replies?--showing other users having similar query?
    Hello,

Moved to the Tavern, your query as presented does not concern a threat or Spybot-S&D support but rather CCleaner.

The quotes are from the link I provided to wikipedia.

CCleaner is a powerful tool. Using the registry cleaner could present problems as mentioned in this thread: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=25763

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-04-02 at 17:29. Reason: Added info
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016