Thread: Problem with ver. 1.6.0.30

Default Problem with ver. 1.6.0.30

I want to start out by saying that I have been using SB S&D on both of my computers for many years with little or no issues, both computers are running XP Pro SP 3 with all patches and updates current. On 1 computer ver. 1.6.0.30 works fine, on the other I have an issue at the end of the scan with ver. 1.6.0.30, so I have had to revert to the older version 1.5.2 -

The computer I have an issue with (ver. 1.6.0.30) goes like this - I run the scan for problems, select ALL problems, select "Fix all problems", select "OK" to fix all problems and SB S&D shuts its self off, nothing is fixed, nothing is sent to "Recovery", the screen just goes to my desktop -

I have tried downloading from this site as well as from Major Geeks, I have tried to install over the top of ver. 1.5.2, as well as a "clean" install, I have disconnected from the internet and turned "off" the AV program during the install as well as the firewall, everything seems to download and install just fine, just that problem at the end of the scan -

Version 1.6.0.30 runs soooo much faster than the older version, I would very much like to sort out this issue -

Any ideas will be helpful -

I run the scan for problems, select ALL problems, select "Fix all problems", select "OK" to fix all problems and SB S&D shuts its self off, nothing is fixed, nothing is sent to "Recovery", the screen just goes to my desktop
    This might help solve your problem.

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...55&postcount=6

Thanks Greyfox, I have Office 2003 installed but I'll look for that entry -

Just a note - I have the same software installed on the wifes computer and ver. 1.6 runs perfect ??? go figure

Just a quick update, I just installed SBS&D ver. 1.6.2.46 and after running the scans, ALL problems were removed with NO issues

Just a quick update, I came across this issue again today when running the scan, I did as Greyfox described in the following link and all is well - Thanks again Greyfox

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...55&postcount=6