Thread: Boot registry change:autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\; is this a bad thing?

Question Boot registry change:autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\; is this a bad thing?

Hi,

I am new to Spybot as of today and happy to be joining this knowledgeable community. I hope someone can help me with this question. I saw a similar question in the archives when I googled the results I got. So here it is:

when Spybot runs at startup, I get a message that "an important registry change" has occured and the choice to allow or deny the change.
    Old data: autocheck autochk *
    New data: autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\

So far I have denied the change twice. Is this registry change a threat? Is there a way to deal with it so I don't get this message in the future?

Thanks for any and all help. - geo

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

geode:

Quote Originally Posted by geode View Post
    Is this registry change a threat?
    I personally do not believe it is. Please see:

Quote Originally Posted by geode View Post
    Is there a way to deal with it so I don't get this message in the future?
    Do an "Allow change", do a "Deny change" with a "Remember this decision" or uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 if I am correct about the source of the registry change.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks, yes, I also run Ad-Aware 2007. I will allow the change. Thanks for the quick help!

geode

I don't have lavasoft i use spybot to search for it.

Unhappy Problems with autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\SsiEfr.exe

I also continuously get the "Boot registry change: autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\SsiEfr.exe\ .... message. I keep on accepting it, and also tell Spybot to remember it, but no solution. I have Ad-aware, Webroot-Spy-sweeper, and Spyware-Terminator. I had no problems for the last years until 2 weeks ago. Any help will be appreciated.