Thread: Scanning D Drive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank so much for your reply.

As I have another hard drive from which I can boot, do I need a BartCD? Can I just boot from the other hard drive (with the infected drive installed as D drive) and use the /allhives option?

The FAQ refers to two installations on the same drive. Will /allhives find other (physical) drives as well?

Thanks,
    rg.

You can just boot from the other drive and Spybot-S&D should be able to find drive d: with /allhives. There will be a list of found registry hives and so you can confirm if it has found it or not. I never have noticed any spyware on my system since yet and so I cannot tell you how good Spybot-S&D will work with /allhives. There is not much reported about this feature in this forum.

Don't forget you can still get help at the malware removal forum. It may help this forum if you report your experiences with the /allhives parameter.

Default /allhives

Hey,

So, I tried the /allhives switch. It finds the Window installation and all user profiles on my C: dirve, but it did not find the installation on the D: drive.

Other than adding the entire D drive as my "download directory" in settings, how can I get Spybot to check the instalation on the D drive?

Thanks,
    rg.