Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky: Scan All?

I don't now what Superantispyware is, nor did I scan with it, but with

Kaspersky and Spybot S&D (Latest updates from Safer Networking #1) I received no spyware or viruses.

I'm switching from place to place, because I use both on my mother's computer, and her computer is the one with 3 Trojans.. um.. I think a P2P worm, and lots more.

I wanted to scan all of it without skipping as Kaspersky seems to do, to see if there were other parts with viruses.

I'm on my computer now, if I go back to my mother's computer, I'll say so.

Didn't I just tell you what Superantispyware is?! It's an anti-spyware program... much like Spybot-SD. Well, I can't help you because at the moment we not going anywhere... more like a circle. Okay... specify your problem... think carefully before posting another reply. Do not dwell on your mother's computer. Specify your cause... after that. I'll see how I may help.

The first problem was if Kaspersky scans all of them, the response was it skips them because it had a good reason to.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to not make it do that because yes, I am paranoid.

As for the computer acting weird thing, that is my computer.

My computer, hasn't been doing things "correctly." to define weird.

I was typing a document on Microsoft Word with no spacing, and suddenly it jumps a whole line.

Yes, Microsoft Word jumped a line, and just continued on. I went back to redo it of course, but it remained there.

I did check Format -> Paragraph, and it was not changed.

That's a weird thing my computer did.

After then, you recommended to scan with those things, and therefore I did. My computer brought up nothing.

In fear of hidden viruses, I'm hoping Kaspersky can scan all files.

Hi funkmeister99,

Scanning your computer excessive amount of times is unnecessary (even if you are paranoid! )

Most security experts advice that you scan your computer 1-2 times a week.

Your excessive scanning may be doing more harm than good, as some 'heavy' scanning can put strain on your computer's hard drive, and because hard drives have moving parts - it could shorten your hard drives life unnecessarily.

Remember, just because you scan loads of times, doesn't mean that you will be fully protected. Your security software plays a part in protection, but the best protection comes from your head.

Use your common sense!

honda12

I much agree with honda12. Now that you "specified" your problem... I can help you... Both a firewall and Anti-virus are crucial when you are using the Internet (even more crucial when you have DSL!). Kaspersky says that some files are locked because Windows have locked them by default. They may be critical boot-up, hibernation, etc. files. They are locked for a reason. What you are saying about scanning the locked files is like... force removing the built-in Internet Explorer on a Windows Operating System. As for the Microsoft Word... I do not know about that. A glitch? A bug? I cannot be sure. But what I am sure is that your computer may be compromised if you open a "infected" word/office document. Even a e-mail attachment will do. Like a said a good,robust firewall and AV. eg: AVG 8.0 Free, Antivir, avast! are good examples of Anti-virus. I would prefer AVG the most. Third-party firewall are ZoneAlarm and Comodo (well-known). I use ZoneAlarm.

>Finally use Superantispyware. It's an anti-spyware program!!! It scans for uncommons". If you get my drift. Rootkits, adware, spyware, malware, badware, trojans... you name it. Now I just hope this gets into your head.

Alright, thanks to you both.

The only reason I scan many times, is because even when I do not use the internet, two or three spyware things come up:

live365.com - or something of that sort
    that oneline.meta - comes up at unknown times, never use internet, comes up
    Adware_MemWatch - 99 ADware_MemWatch's come up, when I don't even use the internet, may also be coming from Kaspersky's Online Scan (not the scan itself, but teh advertisement at teh bottom, not sure, possibly wrong).

I didn't know Hard Drives had a life.

I didn't mean 72 times in 24 hours, it's of course less than that. But, I'll try for only after I use the internet, or before I login to something I use money on.

Thanks to you both.

Alright... so the results you listed is from Superantispyware? Have you deleted the infections? If so... I'll assume your computer will be running smoothly... by this I mean without spyware intervention. So to add some finishing touches... defragment your C:/ drive... and run Disk Cleanup from your Accessories folder.

My computer always runs smoothly, they just pop out of nowhere.

Just a moment ago, I was about to pay my bills, and I did a quick scan, 99 Adware_MemWatch's just popped up. I went directly to the bank website too. 3 Minutes before that, I did a scan, and nothing came out.

Thank you for the tips to fix the problem.
    Last edited by funkmeister99; 2008-04-26 at 05:08. Reason: Added: I went directly to the bank, not any other website

What pops out of nowhere?

>Btw, pay your bills and other important financial importances on a clean computer. Obviously your computer is still "un-clean". In other words... still infected.
    Last edited by drragostea; 2008-04-26 at 05:14.

When I scan, the Adware's come out of nowhere.

I'm assuming it's "Internet Explorer" because whenever I open that up, 99 Adware_MemWatch's always pop up (by pop up I mean show up on the scan).

Even when I kaspersky scan, they come up, or any other time I use IE they come up.

I usually use Firefox, except for my Kaspersky scans, and when I do use Firefox, they don't come up.