Thread: Corrupted Apps. notification

Default Corrupted Apps. notification

Had a similar problem to the poster with SBSD listed twice. Followed the directions from mdSBfan in that post. Still showed I have 1.5.2.2 but when I checked for updates, got a very long list. DL'd it all, reimunized, rechecked and now I get the notices that External Updater and Blindman are corrupted to download them. Followed the directions given to "Arlene" in o3-08. No change, still showing corrupted files.
    Anyone have an idea what I should do now ? (Besides should have left things alone in the first place cause they were just fine...) Help and advice much appreciated. Thanks
    bobnrobin

Hello,

We recommend a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.
    You will find links to several download locations on our website:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

You will also have to update your new version using the integrated updater.
    This should solve the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

We recommend a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.
    You will find links to several download locations on our website:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

You will also have to update your new version using the integrated updater.
    This should solve the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks, SBSandra for taking the time to reply.
    But...Sigh... Isn't there someplace I could download just the two corrupted files - blindman and updater - as the popup suggests ? You see, I have dialup, SB is like 50+ mgbs, so we're talking 6+ hours to redownload the whole thing, and that's only if the connection doesn't get "lost".
    Seems to be working fine - after the popups it went ahead and DL'd todays' - 4-16-08 - updates.
    Any other alternatives ? Thanks again.
    bobnrobin

Exclamation

The Install file for spybot is 9.27mb and the update file is 2.29mb so where do you get 50mb+ from?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The Install file for spybot is 9.27mb and the update file is 2.29mb so where do you get 50mb+ from?

Hello, Terminator...
    Uumm.... Program Files in My Computer = 56.9MB Spybot size; Add/Remove programs = 51.72MB Spybot Size.
    The popups say to use the updater to get clean versions but when checking for updates again - after DL'ing the 4-17-08 updates - sez none available.
    So... Is there a place where one can DL just the corrupted external applications - updater and blindman ??
    Thanks much for any help.

Lightbulb

Thats the size when installed, the .exe file that you download contains a compressed version of the program that expands when installed. As for your other question I know of no site in existance that contains the files your after, the only way to get them back is to re-install spybot.

After the uninstall run a reputable registary cleaner like CCleaner to remove any left overs and then re-install spybot.

If that doesn't work then I've no idea what else you can try

Thats the size when installed, the .exe file that you download contains a compressed version of the program that expands when installed. As for your other question I know of no site in existance that contains the files your after, the only way to get them back is to re-install spybot.

After the uninstall run a reputable registary cleaner like CCleaner to remove any left overs and then re-install spybot.

If that doesn't work then I've no idea what else you can try

Thanks, Terminator. Appreciate the help.
    Speakig of Registry Cleaners, doesn't SBSD's registry tool clear up things - mine shows a whole lot of "wrong app path" entries. I've never seen any postings about that tool, so have never used it (have read all the instructions/cautions re the tool, so figured maybe I should ask an expert before using).
    Thanks again.
    bobnrobin

Lightbulb

The Spybot System Internals Checker is a good program but it doesn't catch everything but just like CCleaner it is impossible to break you system while using it

The Spybot System Internals Checker is a good program but it doesn't catch everything but just like CCleaner it is impossible to break you system while using it

Hi, Terminator. Thanks.
    Impossible, huh ? Good to know ! Since I'm getting the updates, ver. is correct, have 43499 "protections" and everything else is working fine, thinking I'll just deal with the 2 popups for a while and see what happens.... (Even with the zipped files, still looking at 2+ hrs. to redownload, so not going thru' that if it continues to work.)
    Thanks again, for all the help and advice...