Thread: blindman and Panda

Default blindman and Panda

Hello,

I hope I am in the right place for this post..
    Long story short...

Running S&D and Panda for antivirus..

Just got a warning from Panda that it disinfected a virus

Virus detected: Trj/Downloader.TIJ ...... and disinfected the file blindman.exe in the S&D directory...

So now S&D when I click the update button throws a warning that external??? update blindman is not working...(I dont have the exact phrase but that is close enough).

I would like to ask what are some suggestions on what I should do to fix this?
    This is the first time ever running S&D and Panda on many machines that this has ever happened...

I don't really know where to proceed from here...

My somewhat preliminary thoughts are:

1 re-get updated on S&D(will that fix this problem??) if not what does fix my now broken blindman.exe??

2 See if I can exclude S&D from Panda scans... although I have not had to do this on any other machines...

Thank you

Jacques...

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

RPIJacq:

If Panda doesn't have a quarantine file/folder that you can restore it from, you'll have to either reinstall or copy blindman.exe from another system (I'm sorry but it is too big for me to attach a copy here).

Besides trying to exclude to from the Panda scan, you should report the false positive to Panda. Here is some information about blindman.exe:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.