Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puter/Spybot impaired

Default Puter/Spybot impaired

I keep getting Include error - trojan thing. I download whatever it's name is as per instructions. It's showing on screen a Spybotsd_t..... I ran the program, I think - shows Complete. Went to Spybot and download updates. None available.

Okay, I still get the same msg. Include errors, trojan whatever.

How do I correct or get this to go away?

In case I get lost trying to get back here - roset@sybertech.net

Is this the error you are getting?
    There were problems in the include file C:/program files/spybot.search_destroy/includes/trojansC.sbi" See "includes errors.log" for details.

Which version of Spybot are you using?If you are unsure,please open Spybot,then click Help,then About.

It`s not a good idea to post your email address in a public forum,because you have to watch out for spambots.
    There is an option to recieve email notification:
    http://forums.spybot.info/faq.php?fa...l_notification

Yes, that's the msg. I have SpyBot 1.4 - 1.5 won't work - does, but with weird stuff happening.

What operating system do you haveÉ

Operating system? Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 5.1 (service pack 2)

I believe the solution to the error message you are getting is usually to upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2.

What weird things were happening when you had Spybot 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I believe the solution to the error message you are getting is usually to upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2. What weird things were happening when you had Spybot 1.5?
    Happening was getting server so to go on line (connect) and then puter didn't want to shut down - Okay, everything closed out and msg would display: Probram running, do you want to end? "End now" wouldn't get the job done without a few tries or using some other "shut down." Wife would get so mad she'd unplug the puter and crt.

Did this happen when installing Spybot,or when running the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Did this happen when installing Spybot,or when running the program?
    From the start: I downloaded the SpyBot ts program. Installed, said complete, but nothing taking place. I called for any updates thru SpyBot and got msg of being up to date. Ran SpyBot and got same Include errors /trojan msg. I did this several times without getting results. I then downloaded SpyBot 1.5. I ran SpyBot 1.5 and check went through, Congratulations, no errors found. I then tried to shut down puter for the night. I didn't think to look if it did as I had already shut off the monitor/crt. Next day, there is was, puter still up and msg, program running, do you want to end? Well, I cleared that and tried to go on line and couldn't. I tried several times before I got to server to connect. Upon shutting down that evening I saw puter didn't shut down and there was that stupid msg, program running, do you want to end? This went on for a few days and then I deleted SpyBot 1.5 and everything was okay...except for running SpyBot 1.4 and getting that Include errors/trojan thing. And here we are......

Downloading Spybotsd_tcpip(which is what I assume you were being asked to download) will not likely fix this problem.Please see md usa spybot fan's explanation here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...hlight=rootkit
    Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    The errors you are getting are caused by new detection rules that are incompatible with Spybot 1.4. These new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2. If you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 you will not only eliminate the error messages but in also will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".
    I'm not sure what may be causing the shutdown problems with 1.5.2 on your computer.But,as for right now,with Spybot 1.4 you are stuck with those include file errors(There were problems in the include file C:/program files/spybot.search_destroy/includes/trojansC.sbi"),as far as I know.

Did you shutdown Spybot 1.5.2 before shutting down your computer for the night?
    Did you get any error messages when you couldn't connect?