Thread: Doesn't find anything

Default Doesn't find anything

Have used Spybot-S&D for years and it always found some threats. Recently downloaded version 1.5.2 and have updated and run it several times, however it never finds anything. This seems very odd. Am I missing something? I don't understand. Comments please. Thanks

Well, theres nothing wrong with that. It just indicated that your computer is "clean".

Lightbulb probably...

before you probably had spybot search and find all threats, meaning tracking cookies, other very mild threats, etc. When you go to scan, have spybot do "all checks". If you need help on how to do that, let me know. You will then be able to clear tracking cookies, and the like. I am pretty sure that is what is going on. Several other users have stared this before and this was the case.

129260, are you saying tracking cookies should be of our concern? Or are you saying that Spybot-SD is "suppose" to find the cookies in our browsers? We can clean them manually.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

sillycat41:

Please read the following thread:

If that situation does not exactly fit your particular case, please post either a Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or a Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log as I asked freebird442 to do.

ps: A related thread:
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-04-21 at 14:45.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Lightbulb spybot is not by default....

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    129260, are you saying tracking cookies should be of our concern? Or are you saying that Spybot-SD is "suppose" to find the cookies in our browsers? We can clean them manually.
    selected to find tracking cookies. But some people when they had spybot installed had it perform all checks, which then almost every time spybot scanned, it would find stuff. I do not worry about tracking cookies, as i have firefox clear all cookies when i close my browser. so, its up to you.

Default Mystery solved

I've been using Firefox for years and didn't realize that the immunization didn't work. Thanks md usa spybot fan for your help and the link with the answer.