Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning about TrojanC

Default Warning about TrojanC

I ran a scan with spybot and it came up with this.
    It found

FakeAlert.cc

and then a warning came up saying this....

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot-Search_Destroy\Includes\TrojanC.sbi
    See 'Include errors. log' for details

I have searched around in my c programs spybot file and cannot find anything. Could you please tell me where to go to find this log file for the trojan. I was refered to you by Community Services...tyvm

Ah. This may be a problem. Hello. Can tell me what version of Windows and Spybot-SD are you using? Thanks? And btw, when are you getting this message?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Ah. This may be a problem. Hello. Can tell me what version of Windows and Spybot-SD are you using? Thanks? And btw, when are you getting this message?

I hope I am doing this reply correctly...lol Not familiar with the forums.
    Ok I am using Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5. I have Windows XP Service pack 2 Compaq Presario.
    I get the message when it reaches about 12000 area. Then the message pops up. I have run a scan again and the message did pop up again, when I click ok it then finishes the scan then it tells me Congraulations No Problems found. I wish I could post a screen shot, but don't know how to do that in the forum..lol tyvm

Sorry...typo in the last message. I am getting the message towards the end of the scan 122000 in or about there. ty

Hello. So basically, the pop-up comes up on one scan and on another scan there won't be any pop-ups correct? Can you install a fresh copy of Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 and install all the latest updates? Remember to untick, automatically check for updates during the installation set-up. After that, download the latest updates. Thanks.

No what I said was that the pop is still there. I just made a mistake as to when in the scan it showed ... I mean at what time of the scan it does pop up. Should I still go in and download a new Search & Destroy and can you give me the link plz..ty

Ok I went in to delete the search and destroy and I am getting this message now. Not sure if I should delete it or not. I am not very pc smart. So I will wait to hear from you as to exactly what I should do..tyvm

Hoping this is going to show up

The official download site is here:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Btw just a word of caution, about the message when you try to uninstall Spybot-SD. Have you encountered any malware/spyware that you have deleted in the past. The items deleted in the past may be found in the Recovery Tab. If you have any items. Purge" it and then uninstall it. Reinstall Spybot-SD (fresh copy) in the site I gave above... download all updates and then tell me the results, thanks...

Ok all done and the scan came out good with NO pop ups. Thank you so much for all of your help. I have the forum in my fav's so if I have any more probs I will get back to you.
    Once again. tyvm Lila

Smile

Hello. Glad to be of help. If you need anything else, you know where to post.