Thread: Include errors message

Question Include errors message

Hi.Today I was scanning my computer with spybot and got a pop up message saying something about an error with some trojans includes.I checked my include error log and got this list:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\Hijackers.sbi | Xupiter.OrbitExplorer | Common Files\OE\toolbar.dll
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\Hijackers.sbi | Xupiter.OrbitExplorer | Common Files\OE\redirector.dll
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\Hijackers.sbi | Xupiter.OrbitExplorer | Common Files\OE\search.dll
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>

I'm using spybot version 1.4 on a Windows 98 SE machine.I read in a thread that you have to update to the new version of spybot to fix this but I got the update for the new version included with the detections updates a while ago but it seems my pc could not update to the new version.

What is this happening and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help and thanks for such a great software.

Hello gatito... From how I see it, you're using Windows 98SE with Spybot-SD 1.4 correct? Alright. Can you download the latest version of Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 at:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Following that download all the latest updates.

Question Installing new version

Hi.Thanks for your help but I'm still not sure what to do since I already downloaded the new version which was included in one of the detections updates and even though the updated detections were installed,the new version of the software was'nt.

In the Updates folder from Spybot I have a zip file named mainapp152 with 3 files in it: zip_mainappinstall-m152.ini zip_mainapp152/sbsd152upd.exe and zip_mainapp152/sbsd152upd.wem.

This last two files are also in the updates folder.

Are these files from the new version? Why they did'nt install automatically when I updated Spybot a while ago?

What should I do? Do I just download the new version and install it over the old one?

I'm hesitant to do this because of what I've read on this board about some people that are having problems since they installed the new version because now they have two versions installed at the same time on their pc.

Eh... well. From how I saw it... I don't think Spybot-SD 1.5.2 was suppose to appear on v.1.4 updates. I would suggest you uninstall any Spybot-SD's you have on your computer... and install the fresh copy from the link I have in the previous post. People also have noted two Spybot-SD installations in their Add/Remove programs window. This is the best suggestion I can offer.