Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot 1.5 not Work on Win98

Quote Originally Posted by Para51 View Post
    One last Q(?) Why is it when I go to preview this post I'm typing, that the forum makes me log in again, before viewing the post?? Am I on a time limit to type these posts up? Cause I'm not a fast typer & do like to think about what I put in here (I don't like the taste of my foot in my mouth!).
    Erm. Do you have the cookies disabled on your browser? I use Mozilla Firefox 2 and with cookies enabled. Usually a timed-out session would be around 30-60 mins. of non-activity. Surf safe.

Default good for you, Para'

Yep, www.mdgx.com can certainly keep`em flying (at your own risk, of course - how else

> I use this old PC for checking things out, like forums, blogs, testing programs on, etc., etc.

It is what it is + whatever effort you do to make it so, I actually had no prob with 1.5.2.20 on Win98 or WinME (just lucky, I guess)

> Why is it when I go to preview this post I'm typing, that the forum makes me log in again, before viewing the post?? Am I on a time limit to type these posts up? Cause I'm not a fast typer

Me neither, there is a timelimit window to edit in (15-30 min?) - possibly you may have the 'referer' off if you have to re-logon after the initial but still within session. Currently on another Mozilla product with cookies off ?) and images on (so I can find my way in the 'dark'), since FF has been fighting me a bit lately in the new version with etc. and it'll be interesting to see if a 'no cookies/no remember me' approach works ... nope, gotta cookie+rememberme :lol: at least the reply field was intact upon 'return' :D

Good luck with that Ubuntu! Might I also suggest Puppy http://www.puppylinux.com/ for a quick/easy/clean distro? Runs entirely off RAM + CD/DVD (OS+storage-on-a-disc!) using nominal hardware support.

Talking Preview Post B4 Submit & logged off...

As soon as I posted my blurb & the question about "being logged off when viewing post B4 submitting it", I reread the faqs & Yes, I did not have SBSD listed in FF cookies as permanent! It's amazing how you learn things when you reread instructions, slower!

I haven't put Ubuntu on yet, as I mention a couple post back about the websites that have 'Unofficial' patches/fixes for win 95, 98, 98se, ME, 2000 & up. I tried a few little critical patches, which appear to have fixed some problems.

Then I installed the Win98 SP2 patch & WOW, has it fixed a lot of things. Like my need 4 speed went up 10 fold with this old computer. Things have appeared to be more stabilized, programs working better, icons clearer with better colors & on & on! (Knock on wood!) LOL

But if this is all temp., Oh Well... easy come, easy go. Then I will switch to Ubuntu or maybe Puppy, as it looks kind of neat.

Well, gotta go and Thanks to all for any help and suggestions. I really appreciate all of it. Maybe in a few more days, I will try to install Spybot v1.5++ and let you all know how it went. Till then...

Regards
    Para51

PS: Just had a preview B4 posting & I had to logged in again! So back to the instructions, FAQ & whatever else I need 2 read!!!