Thread: Spybot no longer finds problems!

Default Spybot no longer finds problems!

I've run Spybot every week for almost a year, but about 6 weeks, it stopped finding any problems. Usually I had a couple dozen, but now there is nothing. I have not changed much else on my Dell Inspiron 1420, but I have tried reinstalling and updating Spybot several times, neither of which helped. I am worried that my computer is just filling up with stuff that Spybot is now missing, any ideas?

Question

So can we infer that you changed the version of Spybot about 6 weeks ago?

If so perhaps you could say from what version, to what version. Could you also say what operating system you have, and what other protection programs, antivirus, firewall software etc. The more detail you give, the more chance you have of getting a relevant answer.

It may be that you were seeing usage tracking previously, and the now after an update this may no longer be selected. With Spybot in Advanced mode go to Settings, then File Sets. Look at the Usage tracking boxes at the bottom of the list. These need to be ticked IF you wish to have usege tracking items shown during a scan.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-05-02 at 12:26.

Hello,

In older versions there might be more found in a scan than in the newest version.
    That refers to the cookies.
    Doubleclick and others like Advertising.com, Avenue A, Inc, CasaleMedia, Fastclick, Hitbox, Mediaplex etc. are so called tracking cookies. We have improved the detection for this cookies and rated some as not bad. So this is ok, nothing to worry. ;-)

But to make sure you can run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

If still nothing is found you have probably activated the resident protection of Spybot - Search & Destroy that is blocking the baddies from getting into your system.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot