Thread: Working around admin on XP for 1.5 upgrade

Default Working around admin on XP for 1.5 upgrade

Hi all. I have SD1.4 currently installed on my work computer. I've upgraded to SD1.5 at home on my home computer and really love the upgrades! I can't get the big shots at work to dl and install SD1.5 for me even though I have expressed the advantages. I feel SD1.5 is needed. I dl the installer but as I figured can not install since I am a user on this machine, not an admin and can not get in as an admin. I was told by admin it will be updated 'when time permits', which means maybe by Xmas. When I installed SD years ago, thay all thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread at the time. Some professional organization here. My question: Is there a version that upgrades to SD1.5 capabilities while using SD1.4 foundation? In other words, is there a way around having to be logged as an admin and installing SD1.5? I know its a tall question, but I have been using SD for years and it has saved me numerous times. I believe in SD whole-heartedly.
    Thanks for any help. If it can't be done, well I'll just kick and scream until admin does it. Hopefully I'll still be alive to enjoy it!

Lightbulb not that i know of.

I just recommend you keep reminding your administrators to update to the latest version.

Default Update to SD1.5 without being an admin

Thanks. I'll just keep pesting until they see the SD light.

Lightbulb haha

Quote Originally Posted by bar_keep View Post
    Thanks. I'll just keep pesting until they see the SD light.

Good