Thread: Problem When Using Secure Shredder to Remove IE Cache Files

Default Problem When Using Secure Shredder to Remove IE Cache Files

I developed a problem when utilizing Spybot. Follows an infection with a couple of trojans and other parasites--about one week ago--identified and repaired by Spybot. Ran a complete virus check using AVG and scanned the device with System Mechanic as well. Whenever I try to remove cache files for Internet Explorer using the template, Spybot appears to hang, but it is actually running. After approximately 10 minutes, the process stops, and Spybot generates a list of files available for secure shredding which, unfortunately, includes what appears to be the entire contents of my hard drive. I suspect the intent is to have an unsuspecting user hit the "chop away" button without first giving heed to the contents being removed. The other templates work fine.

I uninstalled Spybot and cleaned the registry using RegSeeker and CCleaner. Rebooted and reinstalled Spybot. Downloaded all updates. When I ran the program, same problem reoccured. Thought you might be interested. Including a *.gif file (as a WinRAR ZIP file) showing the list of identified files with the Task Manager window overlaid. Having difficulty sending a bug report. I have some severe "access" limitations at this juncture.

Default Need a tissue

Still an issue
    Shredder v. 1.9.0.0

Hello,

Some users have reported that the Secure Shredder freeze if they shred big files.
    They also have told us that if they close the tool with the Taskmanager and then open it again,
    some files are shredded and that they could use it normally again after that.
    There will be a new shredder in Spybot 2.0 that should fix this.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot