Thread: Unable to search and destroy

Default Unable to search and destroy

Urm, I have used the function of Search and destroy, but at the bottom ,the statement "Please wait scanning download directories" have lasted for 2 hours.
    What can I do? My spybot is 1.52
    I am sorry for my poor English.

Smile

Dennis,
    By default the SpybotSD's download directory has no folder in it. The normal situation would be to add the folder to it that you would normally download files to, so that they would be specifically scanned. Once scanned, the downloads would either be used (installers etc) and discarded, or moved to another area for permanent storage.

The situation you describe can occur if there are an excessive number of folders/files in the download directory, or if one or more of the Windows system folders has been placed here.

Can you please remove all folder currently in the download directory and then try a scan.

Where can I find download directory ? Is the download directory placed in the folder of "Spybot - Search & Destroy"?
    Last edited by dennisdennis; 2008-05-10 at 08:57.

Smile

Dennis,

Start SpybotSD
    At the top of the screen click on Mode, then select Advanced, click on yes.
    Now click on settings then Directories.

By default there should be no folders listed here. If there are, remove them and then try another scan