Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow scan - normal?

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    ...under scan priority, choose high. This way your computer will use all its resources...The recommended is normal.
    That would be running Spybot-SD to max or near max priority. In my perspective that is not good for the processor as it only has 256MB of RAM. The average Windows XP OS (as I know it) uses a 512MB as minimum. The maximum is 3GB for Windows. 4GB for Vista. To the point...

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=27502&page=2

This link solved a member's slow scanning problem.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".
    Please try that.

Lightbulb that was a scan that froze.

his completes, it just takes some time. If he does what i suggested and does not run any programs while he is scanning, he should be fine.

Choose high-priority when there is no activity? I was just recommending the link above. Just gotta wait for the user's response.

Lightbulb haha yeah i know

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Choose high-priority when there is no activity? I was just recommending the link above. Just gotta wait for the user's response.
    just making sure you got that part. we shall see what happens. Another thing to try is boot into safe mode and scan with all security software, see if anything improves.