Thread: File Download...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A download link should follow real soon, I just had a few minor adjustments because since the c't version, there have been new features added, and we wanted to fill the database shipped with it with as many entries as possible, to avoid the need for it to download too many updates later on.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Cool! Thx for the heads up. I'm looking fwd to seeing it.

Thumbs up

Your such a tease PepiMK but I'll await with patience for another great product

Thumbs up

I'm so fired up about this. I've been stuck with EZPCFix on my BartPE disk for so long. I got so frustrated with it (it's ugly, it dies so easily, lack of features) that I was beginning to work on my own tool.

Then I saw the announcement on the site and did a little dance, I was so excited. Everything I ever wanted, even the "definitions" idea I thought up, but couldn't dream of implementing, due to time restraints and skill. I've probably wasted a lot of your bandwidth, checking to see if you had made it available for us Americans yet.

Really, the whole idea is beautiful. And since it can phone home, it will help keep Spybot's definitions fresh, I guess, sending you all info from the front lines.

I eagerly await the fruits of your labor.

Sorry that it's delaying, with so many rootkits out, there are a bunch of new startup locations I want to add still. Shouldn't take long though (meanwhile a few people are working through the database, which already has increased to nearly 40000 entries).

Meanwhile I've created a small teaser to show you we're still active :D

Default CompatAlyzer?

"PepiMK,"

I thought this new progy was RunAlyzer and your teaser is CompatAlyzer?

I am looking forward to this RunAlyzer, will you be able to change locations for items to start from? Maybe remove some that we have in and reinstall them later? With these reg monitors, FWs, WebAccelerators, etceteras they all have to be stopped when you ScanDisc and DeFrag is a pain.

Excuse ME, I am lost, this is the wrong place for this or maybe I am in the wong place. Went back and re-examined the Forums page and found I had entereed the wong wone. I will need to go back to reading shool and maybe learn a little spelling as well?

TIA,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2005-11-11 at 23:48.
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

The new program this forum is for is RunAlyzer, yes. CompatAlyzer is something completely different - I just posted it as an excuse

RunAlyzer will allow for nearly every entry to disable it temporarily (which means it won't get loaded on boot until you re-enable it). The items won't get deleted - just moved to another location in the registry where they don't get loaded.

Default runalyzer

I use xp home

Runalyzer only opens minimized to toolbar and it will not restore to full size

Default Cosmetic Improvements...

Well, I just downloaded the available version of RunAlyser. Great. Works fine. I'll try it tonight on my mother-in-law problematic PC... I'd like to make some cosmetic suggestions :
    1) the flag for the English language has nothing to do with the union jack ??
    2) the "help, about" doesn't indicate the version, only a copyright 2005
    3) how to expand all items in one click ?

Less cosmetic : when I closed the RunAlyser, it displayed : "patience, RunAlyser is closing..." but never closed (I've no more details).

Do you want a French translator ?

@mea10: sure it can! It was even designed in the first place to run from a CD (a bootable Windows CD) .

@Randaph: There'll be a new version shortly, in fact it was planed for the weekend, but is delayed since another AV product has a false positive about the installer :(

1. The English flag is neither UK/GB nor US, since whichever I would choose, the other side would complain. Therefore I took the geographical source of the language, which is the country England (without Wales, Scottland, etc.).

2. Indeed 0.6 (the new one to be uploaded as soon as the FP is solved) will at least have it in its file version dialog (right-click in Explorer, choose Properties, then Version tab). An info page with the version number, size of database & cache, credits etc. will be added of course

3. Thanks a lot for your offer - but 0.6 will already come with a full translation

4. This should happen only if you close very early... there are a lot of entries analyzed... but this should stop at an earlier opportunity than right now, I agree!