Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: File Download...

That the information only mentions Windows 2000 is the reason why the file wasn't included with the installer yet - we really have to work through all the descriptions and document everything some better. Right now it's mostly MSDN quotes
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Salmo?

I just happened to find this thread and was a little surprised to see this comment about my hard work:

I've been stuck with EZPCFix on my BartPE disk for so long. I got so frustrated with it (it's ugly, it dies so easily, lack of features) that I was beginning to work on my own tool.
    EzPCFix is in NO way competing with Spybot and EzPCFix is not a replacement for any program.

EzPCFix was originally for my own use but then I assumed that others might find it usefull as well so I released it to the public.

I find it odd that you've never posted any feature requests or bug reports at my forum (even though those specific sections exist) but you felt "stuck" with it for "so long"?

Many hours of research and code have been put into what you say you're "stuck" with so please take that into consideration as I didn't even have to release it to you in the first place and you've paid nothing for it...

Tom

While I can understand the frustration of problems discussed somewhere else before you can take a look at them, the "I didn't even have to release it" attitude is dangerous. It's like with print media imho - the moment you release something, you've got some responsibility for the quality of what you release. That isn't an excuse for not reporting bugs though, since bugs always exist, in every code, and feedback is often needed to find them

Well, to report one "bug", when I visit the EzPcFix website through Firefox, the menu is really difficult to read:

I'm sure someone has noticed this, but I'm too lazy to read through the whole topic and find out, so I'll just go ahead and mention it just in case...

On the RunAlyzer product page all of the release dates are in 2005. Like so:

v0.5 -- Dec 13th 2005
    v0.6 -- Feb 27th 2005
    v0.6 second release -- Aug 9th 2005

I'm sure those last two were is 2006, and not 2005.

I did check safer-networking.de and spybot.info as well, and it's exactly the same on each (I'll assume that two of them are mirroring the third, or that there's some kind of setup where each domain points to the same web space on the same server).

Oh right, thank you, I'll fix that

And you're right, those domains just point to the same server