Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yahoo mail slows to a crawl with spybot

Default yahoo mail slows to a crawl with spybot

how do i fix that?

so i uninstalled

What Operating System are you using? What Internet Borwser are you using (IE, FF, Opera)? Clarify your problem and elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    What Operating System are you using? What Internet Borwser are you using (IE, FF, Opera)? Clarify your problem and elaborate.
    windows xp home edition. IE 7

yahoo mail inbox loads slowly and if one looks at the bottom of the page at the loading window the 'blue' indicator never finishes it load from left to right, it never goes to solid grey.
    Last edited by oohansel; 2008-05-17 at 19:16.

So, it's like your IE7 browser never completes loading Yahoo! Mail... Can it be a possible connection problem? Do you have TeaTimer or SDHelper (Spybot-SD's blocker for bad downloads") active? Have you tried clearing your cache, temp. files, and cookies in your browser? Find it under TOOLS and "INTERNET OPTIONS".

i don't think it's a connection problem as there was no problem before spybot.

do i need to change spybot settings?

Do you have TeaTimer or SDHelper (Spybot-SD's blocker for bad downloads") active? Have you tried clearing your cache, temp. files, and cookies in your browser? Find it under TOOLS and "INTERNET OPTIONS".
    Have you cleaned your "browser tracks"? Also, do you have the latest version of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20)? Perhaps a dated version may be conflicting.

Have you cleaned your "browser tracks"? Also, do you have the latest version of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20)? Perhaps a dated version may be conflicting.
    i'm sorry i don't understand browser tracks.

yes i have the latest spybot.

no problem before installing spybot

If Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 works fine then its good. But you can change settings in Spybot-SD in Advanced Mode. But I would strongly NOT recommend it if you are unfamiliar with ADVANCED MODE.

I usually call them "browser tracks"... But REALLY. They are just your cache, temp. files, and cookies in your browser. I clean mine every time I shut-down my PC. You can clean them manually (more like clear them/delete) if you go to TOOLS and INTERNET OPTIONS. You can find the settings there.

If Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 works fine then its good. But you can change settings in Spybot-SD in Advanced Mode. But I would strongly NOT recommend it if you are unfamiliar with ADVANCED MODE.
    i had no problems with my yahoo inbox before i installed spybot

So you use IE7 as your primary browser? Have you cleaned your "tracks" in your browser? You can consider alternatives to IE like Mozilla Firefox and Opera. However, the choice is up to you.