Thread: Now this is what bothers me. AdAware and Spybot.

Lightbulb Now this is what bothers me. AdAware and Spybot.

I just recently installed AdAware 2008 this afternoon. I updated and plan to run a full scan after a Spybot scan. I've updated Spybot (5.21.08). Problem is that Spybot came up with a message telling me that, it has detected that AdAware is installed and may cause compatibility issues. I have installed AdAware 2007 in the past and it ran with no trouble even with Spybot installed. I took a look at the help it gave me when I clicked "yes". It told me that AdAware may find entries in Spybot-SD folders.

What I would like to know, is that can I have Spybot and AdAware installed simultaneously, in order words co-exist? I'll run a scan and see if AdAware detects anything.

AdAware 2008 Free
    Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20

Turned out I removed AdAware because it didn't find anything. I didn't see any conflicts, but AdAware took longer to bootup after I received the message. AdAware a hog at memory usage . It was running around 120MB of RAM on a scan. Sadly, it didn't find anything, just a MRU.

End report.

Yes,you can have both adaware and spybot.I have both.Was this the help link? http://www.safer-networking.org/en/c...y/adaware.html
    It's just a warning that adaware might detect the backups Spybot makes if you have adaware set to scan inside archives.

Yes, Zenobia. Thanks . Spybot-SD 1.5.2 hasn't found anything, thus there are no backups. AdAware did not find anything, but like a MRU, like I mentioned in the past. However, AdAware started slow after I encountered the message. I removed AdAware using Revo. All is well thanks.