Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtumonde problem?

well thats about it thanks.

ill give ie spyad a try, and ya so since im more used to teatimer i will keep that.

and ya i guess ur rite its best just to keep ie and leave it.
    and thanks so mbam is highly recommended then?
    however, is spyeraser unrecommended? like do you think its unneeded or smthng? cause ive used the other uniblue programs like speedupmypc and registrybooster and they work very well for me so i thought i'd give this a try

Retired Security Volunteer

MBAM is the best anti-spyware program out now, and it is free

Spyeraser is junk, you wont find anybody recommending it here. Also it isn't free is it ?

I would uninstall it if I were you

Anything else ?
    Who watches The Watchmen?

It's like you said. All I am is what I'm going after.

~Scratch~

well spyeraser comes in a package with powersuite, and no its not free, but if its no good i'd be ready to give it up.

well, one final thing im wondering if you can give me any feedback on some of these programs ive seen over the internet. because right now i am using norton internet security 07 which has like all of the features but im looking for a better one, or a better recommended one because ive noticed that it slows down my comps boot up time noticably.

so the programs i have seen are:

TDS-3 for trojan detection,
    Wormgaurd for worms
    Port Explorer for viewing your ports to see if any unwanted things are sneaking in.
    Black Ice, a firewall w/ intrusion detection + it comes with application protection which prevents programs from installing or accessing the internet w/o user consent.
    and pest patrol which is supposed to kill adware right away.

As i said, im just wondering if there is a program, or group of programs i can use that could replace my norton internet security (some of the programs listed are trials also wihch i havent tried yet ive only heard about them)

So im wondering if you have any ideas as to how effective these programs are or if you have any to recommend.

Oh and as a final note i have heard that NOD32 is the best Anti virus protection?

Norton is terrible and slows your PC down loads, I recommend the following

* You should also consider changing your anti-virus protection considering how badly infected your pc was. Here are some good programs, make sure you only use one though :
    AVG makes an excellent free antivirus client, as do AntiVir or avast!.

TDS-3 for trojan detection,
    Wormgaurd for worms
    Port Explorer for viewing your ports to see if any unwanted things are sneaking in.
    Black Ice, a firewall w/ intrusion detection + it comes with application protection which prevents programs from installing or accessing the internet w/o user consent.
    and pest patrol which is supposed to kill adware right away.
    I would remove all of these. This is over kill for sure. Pest Patrol is terrible, have never heard of TSD-3 which isn't good

Use MBAM and the instructions in my previous post, that is enough. Comodo is a good firewall

As i said, im just wondering if there is a program, or group of programs i can use that could replace my norton internet security (some of the programs listed are
    I would recommend Avira, Comodo, MBAM, SpywareGuard. That is the best protection

Anything else ?

~Scratch~

well i dont really have any more questions anymore thanks you have been a lot of help, however i was wondering if lastly you could help clear something up for me.

Right now i have Norton Internet Security running because it is like a total package which contains like everything more or less you need to stay safe (antivirus, firewall etc).
    I also have adaware and its adwatch (which is what helped me determine there was something wrong with my comp, and spybot, and spyware blaster, and powersuite (contains registry booster, speedupmypc, and spyeraser (which u suggested i stop using), and mbam.

So i think that spybot and spyware blaster are a must.
    mbam too i think, b/c i remember you saying it is the best free anti malware scanner.
    Powersuite contained the registry booster and pc optimizing program which is why i have that (spyeraser was included in the package which was the only reason i used it)
    and norton i have because it is like a full package of protection i thought i could use.

so i was wondering if you could clarify my best options. i personally know how norton really slows down my pc, and i looked and saw avg's total internet security package and i thought it seemed like a good replacement but wanted your advice. i havent downloaded or used any of those programs i asked you about i just wanted your opinion, so what do you think is the best protection to have, regardless of cost (as long as it does not cost too much)
    Would it be that combo of Avira, Comodo, MBAM, SpywareGuard? and would this be enough for complete protection (well, as much is possible i know that you cannot stop ALL infections) compared to avgs internet security or aviras premium security?

thanks again

Hello

Would it be that combo of Avira, Comodo, MBAM, SpywareGuard? and would this be enough for complete protection (well, as much is possible i know that you cannot stop ALL infections) compared to avgs internet security or aviras premium security?
    Yes go for the combo of Avira Comodo MBAM SpywareGuard SpywareBlaster

You can remove everything else

There is no need to buy AVG internet security suite, as the above programs are all free and do a better job

If you do remove Norton, download and run the removal tool from here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Rem...NRT_d4749.html

Anything else ?

~Scratch~

well if you are saying that that combo ( avria, comodo, mbam, and spywareblaster (not spywareguard i guess b/c it doesnt work with teatimer))
    is probably the best combo to have, regardless of cost, then i will consider this.

thank you very much for your help if you can just confirm that this is probably the best choice regardless of other programs that cost money, i will finally be out of your hair and say my final THANKYOU SO MUCH

oh, also, i was looking through the protection my norton internet security offers and i saw that the package you have recommended contains most of the protection norton currently offers.
    i am just wondering if i have missed some functions of these programs, but do any of these have incoming/outgoing email scanning(is this even needed because hotmail scans them for you i think?)
    and phishing protection (but i think internet explorer 7 offers that(not sure about ff)is the one offered by ie trustworthy? and does ff offer one that is trustworthy?)
    because i use both ff and ie but im not sure if ff offers phishing protection.

if they do not, are there any free programs that offer them?/ is the email scanning even needed?

sorry after looking through the features of the programs further i saw that with this package you have suggested it contains antiphishing, as well as intrusion prevention (which i think i forgot to mention) and also rootkit prevention.

so my last question about this is if email AND IM (instant messaging) scanning is useful or useless and if this package does or doesnt contain this and if there is a program that does this.

THANKS =)

so my last question about this is if email AND IM (instant messaging) scanning is useful or useless and if this package does or doesnt contain this and if there is a program that does this.
    No I don't think they do, it's not something that is needed anyway

Don't know what programs offer that protection

Any other questions

~Scratch~