Thread: Spybot Consistantly Freezes

Default Spybot Consistantly Freezes

I have no idea why, but my Spybot consistently freezes at the end of the scan. The scan full completes, but when I click anywhere on the program, the whole thing just freezes, and I have to close end task it. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times, and each time I've gotten the latest updates. I do have the latest version too. Something I did notice was that one time I uninstalled it, and I didn't do any updates, and it worked. But the second time I ran the scan, it still froze again. It's extremely annoying, and I have no idea why. I was thinking that it could perhaps be due to a virus or something on my computer that is stopping it, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you think I should post my log onto the malware section. I have searched the internet and the forums, and it seems that everyone else's freezes somewhere during the scan, but mine only happens once it's complete. This also used to never happen. It used to work perfectly, but I can't really recall when it stopped working. I have also ran the scan in safe mode, but the same thing happens. I believe I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember. I'll be editing my post if it comes to me. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by astroidx; 2008-05-24 at 02:44.

astroidx's topic in the malware removal forum: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=28499
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016