Thread: Pc Cillin 07 and Spybot

Default Pc Cillin 07 and Spybot

Hi
    I would like to know whether is there still a compability issue with Spybot and Trend Micro Pc-Cillin Internet Security 2007. There was 1 previously.

I just got a new PC with Vista and also downloaded Pc-Cillin 07. Would like to make sure so that I will not get into "any hiccups" later when I install Spybot. Previously what I did was to downgrade to an older Pc-Cillin

Thanks

Hello,

We are trying to solve this issue.
    There's absolutely no reason to uninstall Spybot-S&D.
    If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.

It seems that the problem is one of Trendmicro's processes, PcScnSrv.exe, that conflicts with our immunize feature - and Trend Micro wants to turn the immunization off.

That's the way to deactivate the immunization of Spybot-S&D:
    Run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the checkboxes in front of "Resident SDHelper".

Please have a look at this Trend Micro support solution.

I'm sorry that there is no other solution at the moment.
    Please be patient, we are working on this problem.

This item has also been discussed in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9535

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I've been using PC-cillin 2008 and Spybot for several months on XP pro with no problems.

PC-c objects to the hosts-file part of Spybot's immunization (lots of FPs), so I un-check hosts-file on the Spybot immunization screen before I immunize. And at the start I cleaned out the old hosts file entries from Spybot's hosts-file screen.

Also, both Spybot & PC-c have the ability to lock the hosts file, but I don't think you can let both do it. I'm currently letting PC-c do it thru their unauthorized change prevention screen (which incidentally seems much improved from 2007's "suspicious change prevention").

Otherwise I'm running both near maximum protection. SDHelper & Teatimer, immunizing everything except the hosts file; PC-c settings somewhat tougher than their defaults, with their "prevent unauthorized changes" on.

According to TM tech support, and other posts to this forum, I probably *should* have the slowdown problems others have reported, but I don't . Not sure why - maybe because my Windows settings are pretty non-standard.

Many months ago I posted how I made PC-c 2007 work with Spybot. That won't work with PC-c 2008, but what I described above should also work with PC-c 2007.