Thread: Getting 336 "Error during check!:" Messages w/ Spybot!!!

Default Getting 336 "Error during check!:" Messages w/ Spybot!!!

I ran Spybot 1.5.2 and got the same message numbers 1 through 336 that all say the same thing...

Error during check!: Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts [1] (Cannot open file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". Access is denied) ()

And this same message runs all the way to 336. See how it says [336] in brackets...

Error during check!: Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts [336] (Cannot open file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". Access is denied) ()

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And then there are two after the above ones that say...

Error during check!: Dummy [1] (Cannot open file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". Access is denied) ()

Error during check!: Dummy [1] (Cannot open file "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". Access is denied) ()

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There were other things too. I just got a new computer and want to transfer everything from the old to the new and need to make sure the old computer is clean first. Can someone please tell me what this is, and what to do, or at least direct me to a page that shows EXACTLY how to get rid of everything using Spybot and possibly HiJackThis?

Thank you very much!

Steve

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

magentawave:

Are you running any other anti-malware programs besides Spybot-S&D that may be blocking access to the HOSTS file?

ZoneAlarm, STOPzilla and possibly other programs can block access to the HOSTS.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    magentawave:

Are you running any other anti-malware programs besides Spybot-S&D that may be blocking access to the HOSTS file?

ZoneAlarm, STOPzilla and possibly other programs can block access to the HOSTS.
    I have several programs like that, but I'm pretty sure NONE of them are running automatically in the background. They are: Reanimator, Hijackthis, CCleaner, Ad-Aware, and MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Got any idea's for what I can do here?

Thanks for responding.
    Steve
    Last edited by magentawave; 2008-06-12 at 00:36.

Default Spyware

try SuperAntiSpyware

SilverMat, you are not allowed the recommend or suggest anti-spyware solutions.
    --
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...05&postcount=2
    --

Do not try to override this rule.