Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Spybot-S&D 1.6, beta 1

Smile

Mucho Obrigado & Thank you kindly, Sir!

Default S&D 1.6 beta 2, realtime and scan option

first of all i would like to say thanks for the new S&D 1.6 beta 2 it is much faster indeed than its predecessor and good scanning against malware.

can you add realtime protection to its final release and scan option in right click menu so it could scan each folders and files, to choice by the user

Don't know if this is an issue with 1.6b2 vs b1 or if it is just the particular infections on the machines, but I have now installed 1.6b2 on 3 infected machines, and all 3, with different spyware, lock up during the removal stage (actually, they don't even seem to start the removal). I have left them for several hours, and also tried in Safe mode. 2 are Dell Dimensions (different models) and one looks like cheap custom PC.

I have been able to run web AV scanners and other anti-spyware stuff (all legit) but IRC.zapchast for example is on one of them, and Spybot is still finding it.

I will try to downgrade to 1.6b1 to see if there is any difference. That version I know works on some systems, since I have been using it.

Thanks!

It's beta 2, and it's fixed in RC 1
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default K-Meleon 1.5.3 and multiple profiles...

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    K-Meleon has a lot of changes behind it already, might be it's different again

Early versions used <$PROGRAMFILES>\K-Meleon\Profiles\profiles.dat as the index file for profiles. Quite bad of course.
    Soon afterwards, it went to <$APPDATA>\K-Meleon\registry.dat, which is more the Mozilla/SeaMonkey style (plus <$APPDATA>\Roaming\... and <$APPDATA>\Local\... for Vista of course).

Just guessing, do you see a file <$APPDATA>\K-Meleon\profiles.ini now? That would be the Firefox profile scheme that more and more Mozilla clones are using.

Or did they switch to the FF3 base already? But that should be supported in the stand-alone immunization demo then.

Hi,

Spybot 1.6.2.46 only shows the default profile in Immunize, and not multiple profiles.

With K-meleon 1.5.3, profile information appears to be stored in <$APPDATA>\K-Meleon\profiles.ini

Here is a copy of my profiles.ini:

PHP Code:
    [General]
    StartWithLastProfile=0
    [Profile0]
    Name=default
    Path=default/oad5czlu.slt
    IsRelative
    =1
    Default=0
    [Profile1]
    Name=z
    Path
    =z/yzprqq0d.slt
    IsRelative
    =1
    Default=0
    [Profile2]
    Name=yy
    Path
    =44katcpt.yy
    IsRelative
    =1
    Default=0
    [Profile3]
    Name=zz
    Path
    =dndcd27p.zz
    IsRelative
    =1
    Default=
    Is there a way to enable these multiple profiles to show up and be immunized?

EDIT: Apologies for posting in the wrong thread, but can't delete, and don't want to double post by creating a new thread.

Cheers,
    Last edited by micro; 2009-07-04 at 23:05. Reason: Added apologies

I did file it in project tools.

Does the new BrowserCI version 1.6.4 (up in about 1 to 2 hours) show up all K-Meleon profiles now?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)