Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem

Default problem

hi

sorry but didn't know where to write this

for two weeks my Firefox doesn't download from some pages i used to download from
    and sometimes it occers this messege: Error : Timeout

so i was googling and read that it might be a trojan or something like that

but my antivirus didn't find anything

then i used Spybot - Search & Destroy
    that found some problems in firefox but everytime i fix it, it returns
    Last edited by imo chan; 2008-06-21 at 15:42.

Smile

imo chan,

And your question is ?

How about some details - what operating system are you using, and how up to date is it. What version of Spybot have you installed and what date are the detection updates. Do you have Teatimer active. What version of Firefox are you using.

Exactly what problems did Spybot find and specifically what did you do to fix or try to fix them. What problems have you fixed in Firefox. What pages/sites are you now not able to access that you could before.

Finally what antivirus system are you using, and what do you have in the way of a firewall.

The more information you can provide, the more likely it is that someone may be able to help you.

i use windows xp SP2

and the latest version of firefox and Spybot - Search & Destroy ( i don't know exactly but i keep everything up to date)

i just wanna know y can't i download using flashgot add-ons in firefox
    as i said it keeps telling me that timeout error

and Spybot - Search & Destroy tells me that it fix the problems but when i scan again the problems in firefox still there
    its cookies problems i think
    its like everytime i open firefox these problem returns

Exclamation

The Latest version is 1.5.2.20 (Help=>About) the latest detections are dated 18/06/2008.

Spybot 1.5.2.20 isn't fully Firefox compatible so I would consider trying the Spybot 1.6 Beta 2 or wait until July when the 1.6 Final is released

The Latest version of Firefox is 3.0

Windows XP Service Pack 3 is avaliable now and I would highly recommend installing it.

What are you trying to download with FlashGot and what is "FlashGot"? as I've never heard of it.

You haven't said what Firewall and Anti-virus software your using and whether your copy of Windows is fully patched (updated).

Dou you have the SD Helper (Bad downloads blocker) and Tea Timer running and are you Immunizing after every Spybot Definitions update?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The Latest version is 1.5.2.20 (Help=>About) the latest detections are dated 18/06/2008.

Spybot 1.5.2.20 isn't fully Firefox compatible so I would consider trying the Spybot 1.6 Beta 2 or wait until July when the 1.6 Final is released

The Latest version of Firefox is 3.0
    FYI, Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 is compatible with Firefox 3. It recognizes it in the Immunize feature. There has been no conflicts, yet.

Thing is that Spybot takes some time to Immunize.

Windows SP3 would be optional.
    --

Sometimes a Firefox browser overwhelmed with various themes and add-ons can really slow down the browsing speed.

imo chan, are you using a dial-up connection or DSL?

Usually, a time out session would be when the page takes too long to load. Hvae you attempted to load that "add-on" page with IE?

i use kaspersky antivirus 8

and i have adsl but with speed 128k/s -_-

can i use the add-on on IE? How?

its not like i download from bad sites

but i used to download from sites like Filesend for example
    thats y i use the flashgot option

but i can't download now and it apears on the internet doanload manager that error ( timeout )

Looks like Flashgot is associate with a download manager FlashGot.

imo chan, you said the page would not load? Have you attempted to load the page with Firefox SAFE MODE? Safe mode disables all add-ons.

FlashGot does not work with IE. What I'm asking was that if the page loads in IE.

Can you access any other sites, such as Yahoo!?

ADSL connection should be the average DSL, much faster than dial-up.
    --
    No one said you were downloading from bad sites. It doesn't look like Flashgot is a torrent (P2P).
    --

Looks like FileSend is:
    FileSend is a free file hosting and delivery service generally used to send files that are too large for email.

Try to disable FlashGot.

Talking

When I said Spybot didn't fully work wih Firefox I was reffering to the older versions e.g. 2.0.0.14.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    When I said Spybot didn't fully work wih Firefox I was reffering to the older versions e.g. 2.0.0.14.
    Ah. I see.

But still Spybot is fully compatible with 2.0.0.14. I'm not sure about v.1.x though.

Smile

imo chan,

To get back to your original problem. As you are using Firefox, Spybots resident browser helper is not an issue because it only works with Internet Explorer. If it is Spybot that is preventing your download then it may relate to its immunisations.

1. You didn't answer my question as to whether Teatimer is active. Please turn it off. Tools>Resident. Remove Tick from resident teatimer.

2. Un-immunise all items (Immunise>Undo), then try your download. If it still doesn't work for you then I have some doubt it is a Spybot issue, however to prove this, make sure you have unimmunised everything & unticked teatimer, then uninstall Spybot. If it still doesn't work, the problem is then elsewhere.

Hope this helps.