Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP Help

Esteemed Member

Since the product key is running on the system and the recovery partition must have done the original installation, these should work together.

I don't think you've mentioned the make and model of your PC, at least I didn't catch it? The Support web site for that PC manufacturer should have instructions how to use it and also how to create a new set of recovery disks too. I'd create these for the future, but it's much easier and quicker to use the recovery partition directly since normally the recovery disks would just remake the recovery partition anyway.

I've used the recovery partition a half dozen times on a Dell laptop even though I have the recovery disks, so I've never needed to use them.

Bitman

HP Pavillion a1410n with Windows Media Center installed. The reason why i dont use the disks is because you cant only create ONE set and that already happened so i cant create another. But i've looked all over on how to use the recovery partition but no luck. I tried using the boot option for recovery and it gave me an error 18...cant figure out wat that is either.

but if anyone can help me out with using that recovery partition i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks