Thread: "List Index out of Bounds" error??

Default "List Index out of Bounds" error??

Good morning,

I have been a happy Spybot S&D user since I discovered computers a few years back.

However, all of a sudden this week I started to get an error message "List Index Out of Bounds (1)" when ever I went to use the Immunize feature.

Once I used the Immunize Feature all the items would then be immunized but when I left that page and then returned the items were no longer immunized and the error message would return.

After searching your forum I saw that others experienced the same problem and the recommendation was to uninstall and then reinstall.

Well, I tried this approach but soon ran into another problem.

I tried downloading and installing from two different sites and each time when I was ready to install I would get a 'File Download' "Error sending request" saying "The Server name or address could not be resolved".

This message appeared while it was trying to download a file called 'updallocator.php (1 of 1)' with the status showing "Resolving www.safer-networking.org"

Now I am totally confused and don't know what to try next.
    I note a CNET review said they experienced several errors when trying to install version 1.5.2.0 too.

I am running WinXP Home (SP#3) with IE7 and this is the first time I have ever experienced any problem whatsoever with this program. I am using version 1.5.2.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever
    " ... Nuff Said. Keep Smiling Because I'm Smiling Too!"

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

2harts4ever:

Quote Originally Posted by 2harts4ever View Post
    ... I tried downloading and installing from two different sites and each time when I was ready to install I would get a 'File Download' "Error sending request" saying "The Server name or address could not be resolved". ...
    The problem seems to be caused by certain firewalls blocking access to the internet without notification. The solution to this problem is to skip trying to updating during the installation and update after the installation, making sure that you authorize program SDUpdate.exe to access the internet via your firewall.

Please read my suggestion in post #5 of this thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi md usa spybot fan,

Unchecking the 'install updates on installation' button did the trick.

I am now fully operational and up and running the way it has been in the past.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever
    " ... Nuff Said. Keep Smiling Because I'm Smiling Too!"