Thread: lost printer control

Default lost printer control

I ran my Spybot. I allowed it to remove all selections since I didn't see anything that said this will defeat my scanner start abilities. I know it says some software may not work properly if I do this.

I searched the restore feature in Spybot to try to enable my Lexmark printer/scanner again. I could not determine or recognize what feature or file to click that was associated to restore it. Please any help would be appreciated.
    Why is are modules removed not clearly indentified to the program they operate?

USB connection? Unplug and plug in again? Did this not work:
    Do you have your install software for the Lexmark/scanner? Install the software again, be shure to disconnect the printer first. If it offers you a repair of the installation, select this option. After the software installation plug your printer/scanner back in.
    Best regards,

Giga

analysst, the RESTORE function is available to on the second tab in Spybot-SD's main window. Before removal Spybot creates a backup of the file so in case something goes wrong Spybot can recover it.

In addition to Giga's post, when you first installed the printer, there should be some kind of driver installed too.
    --
    http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/...i&&req=:::-1::
    --

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

analyst:

I know that this being the third response to your query is going to be confusing, but in order for anyone to constructively help, I believe that you should provide some additional information.

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running and what is the latest update level (Spybot » Help » About)?

What Windows OS are you running (Windows 95, 98, 98SE, NT, ME, 2000, 2003, XP (Home, Pro, Media, etc.), Windows Vista (Home Basic, Home Premium, etc.)?

You indicated:

Quote Originally Posted by analysst View Post
    … I searched the restore feature in Spybot to try to enable my Lexmark printer/scanner again. I could not determine or recognize what feature or file to click that was associated to restore it. …
    I assume that you looked at the entries in Spybot » Recovery and could not determine what Recovery entry to use.

What exactly did the "Check for problems" reveal and what was fixed?

To post that information, please post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file from the "Check for problems"/"Fix selected problems" that you ran immediately before that problem started

Note: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

There are two methods to copy and post the information from previous scans:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that contains the detections that you would like help with (in this case the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file). Open it. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows Vista:
          C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.