Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't logon...done with Spybot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can't logon...done with Spybot

I'm officially done with Spybot and done with all crappy Microsoft products. I ran a scan with spybot and now like others on this forum, I cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Now I'm stuck taking my desktop to the f-ing geek squad or something. Why do you need to be a computer engineer to work a home pc these days?

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=208640&postcount=2
    --

Can you try to boot in SAFE MODE and do a System Restore?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jms1002:

For methods to fix the problem, see this blog entry:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    jms1002:

Have you tried downloading for "Solution #2".......even the download doesn't work. Are you guyz German or Norwegian????....same thing...........thanks for toasting my PC!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

walker:

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Have you tried downloading for "Solution #2".......even the download doesn't work. ...
    The download (cd080526.zip) works fine. Once you have downloaded the cd080526.zip file, extract the cd080526.iso file. To burn the ISO file to a CD you must have software. I personally used ISO Recorder, but that particular ISO Recorder does not have a version for Windows 2000.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-07-03 at 09:40.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Dear Hobbyist,

Thanks for your reply.

You are saying that when you click on that Norway link....you get to a site?....because I don't.

Is that where you got the zip file from?

I am totally confused. As far as ISO burning.......thank the software guyz at SpyBot...now I'll spend another day trying to figure out how to burn the CD. The is not the realm of my expertise.

I appreciate your help...but can you give me some details?

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    jms1002:

Thanks but no thanks. I'm not a computer geek. I just want to turn my computer on and have it work, and not spend my days trying to decipher your cluster%*&K. I'm officially p-ed off! You toasted my pc with your program that was designed to protect pcs. Again, I'm done with Spybot and I'm going out and buying a Mac today. Enough with this unstable Microsoft garbage.

Angry

I just registered here to say thanks to Spybot for royally F***ing up my PC.
    After I reinstall and get back on my feet, I will stay far far away from Spybot for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the hours of headaches, and good riddance!!!!

-another victim of the logon/logoff loop (hellz little spy) fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by pc_guy View Post
    I just registered here to say thanks to Spybot for royally F***ing up my PC.
    After I reinstall and get back on my feet, I will stay far far away from Spybot for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the hours of headaches, and good riddance!!!!

-another victim of the logon/logoff loop (hellz little spy) fiasco.
    Some at Team SpyBot would refer to this as "slander".........what a joke. Do you people realize what you have done.....and the only posters here are people who have enough intelligence to realize that "hellzlittlespy" had something to do with the problem. There are many out there with toasted computers conjecturing that they have a hard drive failure, virus or other hardware or software problem. Your solutions do not work...this activity is criminal. Your only luck in this is that the malicious code is only affecting those on vers. 1.3.....so the damage is limited to those that did not remove this version and upgrade to a later version. With the ability to update that version on every visit and the lack of any error messages (contrary to what team bot believes),,,there was no real reason for a non-hobbyist......basic user to upgrade. Again, thanks for toasting my computers. Maybe someday I will be able to teach those at team bot what slander really is.
    Last edited by walker; 2008-07-03 at 22:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jms1002 View Post
    I'm officially done with Spybot and done with all crappy Microsoft products. I ran a scan with spybot and now like others on this forum, I cannot boot in normal or safe mode. Now I'm stuck taking my desktop to the f-ing geek squad or something. Why do you need to be a computer engineer to work a home pc these days?
    My feelings exactly....if you were a real company you would have a nightmare on your hands now. All I can do is hope I run into one of you managers one day.