Well I've been using SBS&D/teatimer for about 5 years. This whole time it has consumed a little time during startup but the system settled down to about 1% utilization which was always the systemidletask. This is on an 8-core machine (i7) Last week I did a format and reinstall of winxpsp3 and all apps and find that for the first 10 minutes 1 core has 98% utilization and a second core around 15%. If I wait for around 20 minutes it cycles back and forth between 4% and 60% on one core and 2 and 10% on one of the other cores. This occurs at the refresh rate which is about 1sec and no other activity, ie. an idle machine. The CPU usage overall shows as being 4-14% allocated to teatimer and about 1% to the systemidletask. If I kill teatimer the load almost immediately drops to 1% from systemidletask with an occasional blip from my antivirus (CA) I only have the antivirus from CA, none of the functionality that might compete with SPS&D. It announces itself as V1.6.2.46.

Some of this info has been given before by others, but I have provided it all in one go in one place to make it easier to use in search of the problem. On the view functionality, I've had nothing to complain about so far, so if it stayed the same I'd be happy. Just need to get on top of this issue.